Ready for a Look at Some of Horror's Bloodiest Moments?

Here on Dread Central we spend hours each day making sure you guys are way on top of everything scary, violent, and generally badass. Today our journey's led us to a film aficionado website that isn't afraid to get a little sticky.

The good folks over at the Cinema Cool Show are genre fans and, just like the rest of us, were a little let down by the choice of films picked for the Oscars' horror montage. As a result they've taken matters into their own now gore-soaked hands and delivered an eight-minute package that goes a long way in righting that wrong. Right the fuck on, guys!

Dig on it below, and keep a close eye on the Cinema Cool Show website as they've promised a sequel. After all ... if watching decades of horror movies over and over and over again has taught us anything, it's that a sequel is never far behind!

The Best Bloody Horror Moments in Movie History from cinemacool on Vimeo.

Celebrate the red in the Dread Central forums!

Vanvance1's picture

I give the clip a big thumbs up for reminding everyone just how much fun gore and extreme violence and brutality can be.

I've always loved that shot of the torso biting the arms off in The Thing.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 4:01pm.
FireRam's picture

What's NOT to love? Haha

Also: 5:35, one of my most favorite zombie kills ever. It would so on so many levels to look down and see your lower half being pulled off. You're brain for the time is still functioning and you KNOW you're about to die. Knowing you're dying would suck. Oh, it had to hurt also hahahahaha.

Submitted by FireRam on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 4:20pm.

Anyone know what the movie is with the scene where the guy sucks that nurse's eye out and sucks her brain?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:03am.
Verdugo's picture

I'm pretty sure it's from The Beyond.

Submitted by Verdugo on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:05am.
kalebson's picture

It is actually called "From Beyond" 1986. Stars Jeffrey Combs (The MAN!)

Submitted by kalebson on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:27am.

Yay! I have it on DVD!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:08am.
Verdugo's picture

Oops. Got my titles mixed up. It is From Beyond, not The Beyond. So if you have the Fulci film on DVD and not this one, my bad.

Submitted by Verdugo on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:48am.
No biggie.

No biggie. Thanks.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:54am.
Verdugo's picture

Man, I just need to know one thing. At about 6:38, anyone know what movie the basketball kill comes from? Looks AWESOME.

Submitted by Verdugo on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 11:28pm.

That's "Deadly Friend."
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 11:43pm.
Verdugo's picture

Much appreciated. It worth seeing?

Submitted by Verdugo on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 11:52pm.
Vanvance1's picture

It's goofy but fun.

Watch it when you don't feel like thinking too hard.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 1:18am.

I'd give it a try. It's very cheesy but Kristy Swanson is gorgeous in it and the gore is plentiful.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 11:55pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Oh God no. Deadly Friend is an awful movie! My brother and I ragged on it so bad in the theater that ushers were set upon us.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:55pm.

It has its moments IMO. It hasn't aged well at all. I bought the DVD when it came out and after watching it I gave it to my mom. But it has its moments.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 1:15pm.
brain's picture

I hope you guys can help me out here. 1)at the :25 sec. mark there's a scene of a guy falling towards two women in a car,2)at the 6:41 mark there's a scene where a guy gets shot through the cheek, 3)at the 7:00 mark there is an extensive scene of a man expoding. If anyone out there could tell me what films these are from I would be much obliged.

Submitted by brain on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:47pm.
kalebson's picture

your #3 is called The Fury..like 1978 or something.

Submitted by kalebson on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 12:23am.
brain's picture

Thanks for the help! Now I need to figure out the other two.

Submitted by brain on Tue, 04/27/2010 - 11:47am.
FireRam's picture

Damn, this clip is long. Eight minutes? I could haver had sex at least 16 times!! Ok, but this was worth a watch. Great clip!!!!!

Ok,4:22 in. What movie is that scene from? Where the woman is being pulled forward and the spike (or whatever) goes into her eyeball?

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 9:42pm.

FireRam that's "Zombi" from Lucio Fulci. Gruesome little scene.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:32pm.
FireRam's picture

Thanks!! Now added to my "to see" list. I've never seen it.

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:38pm.

Zombie vs. shark. Nuff said.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:40pm.
LifeMi's picture

Now that's more like it. Not perfect (could've been longer and had a wider range of films in it) but certainly superior to what we saw at the Oscars. Good stuff.

Submitted by LifeMi on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 7:45pm.