Wes Craven's My Soul to Take Gets a Release Date

Wes Craven's My Soul to Take Gets a Release DateMy god! Could it actually be? Why yes! Yes! Wes Craven's next horror flick, My Soul to Take (formerly 25/8), actually has a release date! Well, then. It's about time!

According to the official Rogue Pictures Twitter page, Wes Craven's MY SOUL TO TAKE will hit theaters this Halloween on October 29th! That's right, kids! Between this, Saw VII 3D, and Paranormal Activity 2, October 2010 is shaping up quite nicely!

Synopsis
In the sleepy town of Riverton, legend tells of a serial killer who swore he would return to murder the seven children born the night he died. Now, 16 years later, people are disappearing again. Has the psychopath been reincarnated as one of the seven teens, or did he survive the night he was left for dead? Only one of the kids knows the answer.

Adam "Bug" Heller (Max Thierot) was supposed to die on the bloody night his father went insane. Unaware of his dad’s terrifying crimes, he has been plagued by nightmares since he was a baby. But if Bug hopes to save his friends from the monster that’s returned, he must face an evil that won’t rest ... until it finishes the job it began the day he was born.

Look for more soon. Thanks to DC reader Joey M for the heads-up!

Die before you wake in the Dread Central forums!

James Coker's picture

thanks Terminal
Don't Forget to watch those Fulci Classics
"Don't Torture a Duckling"
"the Psychic"
"Zombie"
"City of the Living Dead"
"the Black Cat"
"The Beyond" his best one
"House by the Cemetery"
"Newyork Ripper"
and "Cat in the Brain"

Submitted by James Coker on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 4:20pm.
James Coker's picture

Terminal i am sorry, when i wrote it i was just thinking about the long fights you and ft had on the Ray wise page and the review for "the Final" my condolences, also did you see any lucio fulci films or clownhouse yet?

Submitted by James Coker on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 1:41pm.

I forgive you James.

Not yet, sadly. I have a thing for my site coming in May, so I'm watching his movies for that event. Looking forward to it, though. You'll get my thoughts when I see something from him.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 1:50pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Wes Craven movies are insults to my intelligence. I watched Scream and Scream 2 at the behest of my gf and they are so ridiculously stupid and killed the genre. ANOES sucks too and was the beginning of the downfall.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 1:06pm.
LifeMi's picture

Looking forward to seeing Craven write AND direct a movie again. He might not be as good as he once was, but I'm nevertheless excited about this one and Scream IV. Suck it, Terminal.

Submitted by LifeMi on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 12:26pm.

LifeMi why don't we just get a room and be done with it?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 12:31pm.
LifeMi's picture

It was a joke. No thanks.

Submitted by LifeMi on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 5:26pm.

Shame because I'm a biter. Grrow!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 6:02pm.
James Coker's picture

And que "Terminal" complaining about Wes Craven in 3...2...1.. Just kidding "Terminal", Fire away, you and floydian trips rants are always great on this site

Submitted by James Coker on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 11:49am.

Please please don't compare me to FT. Now THAT'S insulting. *sniff*
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 12:31pm.