‘/gallery/halloween/snakecake1x’, ‘/gallery/halloween/snakecake2x’, ‘/gallery/halloween/snakecake3x’, ‘/gallery/halloween/snakecake4x’, ‘/gallery/halloween/snakecake5x’, ‘/gallery/halloween/snakecake6x’
Even though she is not a fan of snakes, Francesca Pitcher, from UK-based North Star Cakes, created an amazingly realistic Amelanistic Burmese Python snake cake for her six-year-old daughter’s birthday. Check out some eye-popping and tongue-lashing imagery right here.
According to The Mirror, the cake-maker made the cake from six sponge cakes and then spent 12 hours decorating it. Now, she’s taking quotes for other snake cakes.
Here are some FAQs she posted on her North Star Cakes Facebook fanpage to help with the enquiries.
1) I am based in the UK, I will ship the snake cake within the UK but carriage will be at your cost and your risk. I cannot ship internationally.
2) I will happily cater for food intollerances, so if you need dairy-free etc that’s not a problem.
3) Yes, I can make any species of snake its just the patination and head shape that would need to be looked at as I’m not a reptile expert – if you want a quote for a different type of snake, please PM with details and an image and include the details as per point 5).
4) Sorry to all my baker friends, but I am not going to share how he’s made just yet.
5) If you require a quote for the snake cake or any other cake, please PM directly with cake details, collection date, number of required portions and flavour and I will reply with a quote.
Too bad she doesn’t ship to the US (yet). This cake would make a perfect centerpiece to a Halloween party. Are there any US-based bakers reading Dread who can replicate this monsterpiece? Come on, cats! Let’s see your made in the U.S.A. pride!
Meanwhile, go give the North Star Cakes Facebook FanPage a like!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Slither along in the comments section below!