UFOs Attack Russia in The Darkest Hour

We need more scary alien invasion flicks right now about as much as we need more giant monster movies, man! Thankfully there's another coming our way as Right at Your Door director Chris Gorak is readying a tale of terror that will offer a glimpse of the world suffering through The Darkest Hour.

According to Deadline New York New Regency is partnering with Summit Entertainment to bring us a 28 Days Later-like thriller about a group of kids struggling to survive in Russia after an alien invasion.

Russian director Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Night Watch) will be serving as producer, and the film will be shooting in Russia at Bekmambetov's own personal facilities.

Look for more soon. In the interim check out this spooky video from Moscom showcasing one of the strangest clouds we've ever seen.

Start the invasion in the Dread Central forums!

FireRam's picture

Come on guys. You have obviously never watched "Morons from Outer Space"!!!!!

LOL

Submitted by FireRam on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 10:37pm.

Lol, I've yet to see Spaced Invaders.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 10:41pm.
FireRam's picture

Aw MAN! Memories!!!!! I was joking about "Morons from Outer Space" it was on a local channel last night and I caught a few minutes of it. BUT, wow, I was young, drunk,um, well, under other influences when I saw Spaced Invaders and I remember laughing my ass off.

Submitted by FireRam on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 10:45pm.

It took the combined might of Mel Gibson and Jesus Christ to pry ID4 from its spot in the top ten flicks of all time. Best alien invasion flick. Period. Nuff said.

Submitted by IkeCarr on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 9:18pm.

You haven't seen too many movies then. Because movies like War of the World, Earth vs. The Flying Saucer are infinitely superior.

How could anyone consider ID4, a movie featuring two guys suddenly knowing how to pilot a UFO bring down an advanced mothership with a fucking laptop and cheap firewall, the best alien invasion flick?

Did you really consider these aliens a credible menace after being punched out by a skinny fighter pilot with a cheap one liner? Lame.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 10:36pm.

Still no one has done an invasion flick better than Independence Day.

Submitted by IkeCarr on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 1:43pm.

Independence Day?! That movie was trash! War of the Worlds is the best alien invasion flick by far.

And this movie sounds great. Right at your Door was great, I like Timur Bekmambetov, and I'm always up for a found footage film.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 7:57pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Oh, I'd have to go with War of the Worlds.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 7:40pm.