After Dark Films is planning to make a big splash at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con with a sneak peek into its horror brand After Dark Originals 2. Make sure you stop by Booth #4145 to get the goods.
After Dark will be providing previews of the following:
• ASYLUM – Starring Stephen Rea, directed by Todor Chapkanov, and written by Chris Mancini. A veteran hostage negotiator’s next call leads him to an overrun insane asylum. He soon finds that dark forces are pushing the patients to commit atrocities, and he may be the only one that can stop them.
• DARK CIRCLES – Starring Johnathon Schaech and Pell James, written and directed by Paul Soter. When new parents Alex and Penny retreat from the city and move into a place outside town, the stress and massive sleep-deprivation caused by their infant has both of them seeing things in the house that may or may not exist. As their fragile grasp on reality spirals into delirium, Alex and Penny find themselves nearly helpless to deal with the horrific truth of what is really going on in this house.
• RED CLOVER – Starring Billy Zane, William Devane, and Courtney Halverson; directed by Drew Daywalt; and written by Anthony Ferrante. In a small Massachusetts town an Irish girl, her father, and her grandfather try to stop a murderous Leprechaun by putting an end to its grudge, once and for all.
In addition, on Saturday, July 14th, autographed posters of the After Dark Action line of films will be given away beginning at 1:00 pm (while supplies last).
After Dark Action combines the talents of Joel Silver, Dark Castle Home Entertainment, and Courtney Solomon’s After Dark Films for a series of high quality, high-octane action pictures featuring international stars such as Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Peter Weller, Jim Caviezel, Cung Le, and Christian Slater. All five After Dark Action films will be available beginning on July 24th (exclusively at Walmart):
• DRAGON EYES – Starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Cung Le and Peter Weller; directed by John Hyams; and written by Tim Tori. In St. Jude drug dealers and corrupt cops have destroyed an urban neighborhood. But newcomer Hong has the fighting skills and moral vision to save this town from itself.
• EL GRINGO – Starring Christian Slater, Scott Adkins and Yvette Yates; directed by Eduardo Rodriguez; and written by Jonathon W. Stokes. A man crossing into Mexico with a satchel of $2,000,000, and a bloody past, finds himself under sudden attack in the sleepy town of El Fronteras.
• THE PHILLY KID – Starring Wes Chatham, Neal McDonough and Devon Sawa; directed by Jason Connery; and written by Adam Mervis. A former NCAA champion wrestler is paroled after 10 years in prison. Now, to save a friend’s life, in a series of cage fights he must agree to do the impossible – lose.
• STASH HOUSE – Starring Dolph Lundgren, Sean Faris, Brianna Evigan, and Jon Huertas; directed by Eduardo Rodriguez; and written by Gary Spinelli. Dave and Emma have found the perfect house, until they discover a stash of heroin and end up imprisoned in it by violent thugs. Rated R.
• TRANSIT – Starring Jim Caviezel, James Frain, Elisabeth Rohm, Harold Perrineau, and Sterling Knight; directed by Antonio Negret; and written by Michael Gilvary. The camping trip was meant to reunite the Sidwell family. When they are hunted and terrorized by violent bank robbers, their very survival will depend on working together.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Be an original in the comments section below.