Suspiria Remake on Track. Yay.

The remake of Dario Argento's classic Suspiria has been gestating for some time now. Many fans were hoping it would stay that way, too. Once again we get to be the bearers of unwelcome news.

In an interview with Variety producer Luca Guadagnino announced that "plans are on track for his First Sun shingle to produce the long-in-gestation remake of Dario Argento's 1977 cult hit Suspiria. It will be helmed by David Gordon Green with a 2010 shooting date."

We know! You just can't wait, can you? Cue fan shitstorm in five ... four ... three ... two ... one ...

We'll have more for you soon. In the interim cleanse yourself by watching the trailer for the original film.

Look at all the pretty colors in the Dread Central forums!

The Unknown Murderer's picture

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good luck!

Where the hell is the creativity? Some artists are working hard at it but seem to be few and far between.

Between rap music sampling, horror film remakes, etc...it appears that a portion of our generation is creatively retarded. Although, that's probably true for every generation.

Can I make money for being creatively retarded? I could have a sliver of a chance, but wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did. I'd absolutely hate me.

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 9:08pm.
Sirand's picture

Suspira is a classic. Screw the remake.

Why don't they remake Mother of Tears?

Submitted by Sirand on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 5:31pm.
kiddcapone's picture

You take away the pretty colors and fantastic score and what do you have? Not much.

Go ahead. Remake away.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 3:36pm.
moderator I've got to agree. Not a big

I've got to agree. Not a big fan at all.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 7:23pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I can't wait to see the trailers advertising this film as being "From the director of Pineapple Express."

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 3:28pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

With Aronofsky's BLACK SWAN about to shoot I think this will get buried.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 2:55pm.
xy marla's picture

WHAT THE FUCK.

What's the point? GAH.

check it! www.dannyisnthere.com

Submitted by xy marla on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 2:16pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I don't understand why people get so bent about this shit. I really don't. Supsiria is my favourite horror film of all-time and I not only couldn't care less that they're remaking it, I'm curious to see it. And again I feel the need to point out that if the movie is good, great, another good horror film. If it sucks, no big deal, it's not only another shitty horror film, but the original is still there to be seen by me and it's many other fans.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 12:33pm.
DavidFullam's picture

And I was having such a decent day until now...

Submitted by DavidFullam on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 12:11pm.

They are almost out of classics to remake. Pretty soon they are going to start remaking the remakes. Surprised they haven't remade Return of the Living Dead yet.

Submitted by Hoop on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 9:47am.
goblin310's picture

SHH... don't give them any ideas!

Submitted by goblin310 on Tue, 09/08/2009 - 2:11pm.