Twilight: Eclipse Hits the Fast Track

Twilight: Eclipse Hits the Fast TrackGet ready for more glistening goodness, horror fans! It wasn't long ago that the news of David Slade (30 Days of Night) signing on to direct the third Twilight flick, Eclipse, broke. This was a pretty interesting announcement for horror fans, and one that is developing quickly.

Production Weekly says that Slade will be busy at Vancouver film studios from August 17th through October 31, where he’ll capture the trials and tribulations of Bella (Kristen Stewart) as she’s torn between teams Edward and Jacob. There’s also a rash of brutal murders tossed in there for good measure should you grow tired of the endless pining.

These movies are certainly on the fast track, and considering the phenomenal success of the first one, it’s not hard to see why. Will David Slade spruce up the material and create something out of nothing, or will this be more of the same? Discuss below.

Look for Eclipse in theatres June 30, 2010.

- MattFini

Sparkle in the Dread Central forums.

Thamuz666's picture

David Slade? Twilight? dude.....wtf? oh well at least they'll stop at the third one......right...i mean come on four films? nah

Submitted by Thamuz666 on Sat, 07/04/2009 - 3:25am.
Floydian Trip's picture

So you aspire to be a studio whore director by watching crap like Twilight and Transformers. Good luck with that. Shouldn't be too hard. Any numb nuts can direct these movies.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Wed, 07/01/2009 - 5:01pm.
Blockbuster's picture

Dare I say it? I kinda liked Twilight...there I said it. I thought it was pretty ok.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Wed, 07/01/2009 - 1:27am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I'm an aspiring filmmaker so I'm curious.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 5:57pm.
xy marla's picture

Don't care, don't care, don't care. Floydian said it best: were it even Kubrick, I wouldn't care.

check it! www.dannyisnthere.com

Submitted by xy marla on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 4:17pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

I told ya', they're cranking these out as fast as they can because they know that, like all teen girl fads, the trend will pass soon.

Once the last book is released (and that woman seems to be delaying it as long as she can) no-one will care anymore. It's not like HARRY POTTER, which are timeless and brilliant. TWILIGHT is Mills and Boon slop for little girls. It'll soon be cluttering up discount bins in front of newsagents.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 3:07pm.
Morgan Elektra's picture

The last book in the series was released nearly a year ago. Breaking Dawn is the final book in the series. The book your referring to, the delayed Midnight Sun, is not the final book in the series. It's a companion piece to the first book, not a furthering of the saga.

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Wed, 07/01/2009 - 1:01pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I don't give a flying fuck who directs a Twilight movie. Not even Kubrick could make this trash even the least bit interesting. Well, ok maybe Kubrick.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 2:40pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I didn't *hate* Twilight like most horror fans did. I certainly don't think it's very good, but I was surprised by how watchable it was.

That said, I'll be damned if I can remember much about it.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 2:35pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I'm torn because when I like a director I tend to see everything they've done but I have ZERO interest in this story and with it being the 3rd film in the series, I'm not sure if I should bother seeing it.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 2:29pm.