World War Z Adaptation to be Delayed

World War Z Adaptation to be DelayedFor a while, it looked like the World War Z (review here) adaptation was ready to roll under the watchful eye of Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster. But today we’re getting word that while things are still a go, it’s going to take a little more time than initially expected to bring Max Brooks' zombie apocalypse to the big screen.

Dark Horizons got word through foreign publication Migros Magazin that Forster feels the script isn't ready to shoot. As a result he's likely moving forward with another project entitled "Disconnect" which is 'ready to go'.

While it's nice to see that Hollywood is taking their time to get things right, let's hope this isn't just the beginning of an endless string of delays that eventually push the project into oblivion.

- MattFini

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Survive a zombie apocalypse in the Dread Central forums!

Well, I thought the book was great - a different take on a genre which is always presented the same way. Got to agree with the others posters that a series is the best fit. Cross west wing with Heroes?

Cheers,
JimmyZ Flights

Submitted by JimmyZ on Mon, 08/24/2009 - 5:10am.
leatherface32's picture

I sure hope the movie is better than the book. I just didn't care for the book.

leatherface32
www.literalremains.com

Submitted by leatherface32 on Wed, 06/17/2009 - 12:19am.
xy marla's picture

Lord this has been a long process, no? I've got to agree, a series would be a much better format for this book.

check it! www.dannyisnthere.com

Submitted by xy marla on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 5:00pm.
The Buz's picture

They are missing out on doing a mini series with the book. Fuck just make it a straight series for HBO or Showtime. Why is this only obvious to me?

Submitted by The Buz on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 6:08am.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

I'd rather the series for Showtime of HBO be The Walking Dead. It lends itself much more to that format. Personally I don't think a World War Z movie would be very good. The format isn't suited for a movie. So much would have to be changed that it wouldn't even be an adaptation anymore.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 12:08pm.

I doubt that they will wait for him to finish another movie first. Chances are they will use the current script and replace him with another director.

Submitted by Caterpillar on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 3:23am.