Reitman Returning for Ghostbusters 3?

Reitman Returning for Ghostbusters 3?It seems as if not a week goes by without some type of speculation regarding the sequel everyone is clamoring for -- Ghostbusters 3. Frankly, everything that has come out thus far has been just a lot of talk, and today we have a great new maybe for you to dig on.

MTV Movies Blog reports that director Ivan Reitman hasn't ruled out the possibility of directing the long-awaited third film in the franchise.

I’ve never ruled [directing it] out,” Reitman told MTV News. “I certainly was responsible in every capacity for the first two movies so I certainly wouldn’t wander away from the third one — especially if it’s something we all think is worth doing.”

Stay tuned for more tantalizing gossip I'm sure sooner rather than later.

Show you ain't 'fraid of stuff in the Dread Central forums!

Rottenjesus's picture

Joe Dante should be doing this. End of story.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Sun, 06/07/2009 - 10:00pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

EVOLUTION is easily one of worst films of all time.

It's a wretched, stunningly unfunny rip-off of MEN IN BLACK. I hated every putrid second of it.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 06/05/2009 - 7:26pm.

Yeah and your point is.

Men in Black is just rip off of Lethal Weapon. Yeah there I said it. But instead of drug dealers and Gary Busey. Replace them with aliens.

Instead of the crazy funny white guy. Make him the token black guy (Will Smith)

Uptight black guy make him uptight and white. (Tommy Lee Jones)

When you put them together you get comic gold. Get its becauase there opposites. There an odd couple.

So really there rip offs of the Odd Couple.

Everything in Hollywood is rip off come to terms with it and you will figure out how fun any movie can be........

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/05/2009 - 7:35pm.

... and all that stuff is a rip off of every Laurel and Hardy film!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 06/07/2009 - 10:39pm.
Correct!!!!

Correct!!!!

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Sun, 06/07/2009 - 10:58pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

While the idea of having Reitman back would normally seem like a good idea, is it really though? Ghostbusters 2 was NOT a good movie, and neither was Evolution, Junior, Six Days Seven Nights, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Maybe comedy just isn't his thing anymore? Not sure I want him doing Ghostbusters 3.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Fri, 06/05/2009 - 6:46pm.

Agreed with you there.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 12:35am.

I liked GB2. It wasn't anywhere near as good as the first one but was still enjoyable. I also liked Evolution and Super Ex- GF. Junior was pure Grade A crap though. Never saw the other one.

Submitted by thedarkestshadow on Sat, 06/06/2009 - 5:41am.

Super Ex GF was man hating horse crap.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 12:35am.
I liked

I liked Evolution

Ghostbusters 2 was a good movie. But everything else that you listed was horseshit.

Submitted by Kane86 (not verified) on Fri, 06/05/2009 - 7:23pm.
moderator I really have to agree with

I really have to agree with you here, DSiC!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 06/05/2009 - 6:50pm.

I've said it before, Frank Oz or Terry Gilliam would be my choices for directing GB3

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 06/07/2009 - 10:41pm.