Tonight’s “The Vampire Diaries” panel at PaleyFest 2012 just finished, and while not a lot of news came out of it, we do have a few tidbits and images for fans of the show who couldn’t attend and missed the Livestream simulcast.
Present at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills were:
Julie Plec, Executive Producer
Nina Dobrev, “Elena Gilbert”
Paul Wesley, “Stefan Salvatore”
Ian Somerhalder, “Damon Salvatore”
Candice Accola, “Caroline Forbes”
Matthew Davis, “Alaric Saltzman”
Kat Graham, “Bonnie Bennett”
Moderator: Debra Birnbaum, TV Guide Magazine
As usual, the participants were a lively bunch who gave very little away with regard to what’s coming up on the show but unabashedly showed off their affection for each other with lots of jokes and ribbing. It’s worth it to visit Hulu or Hulu Plus beginning March 15th, one day after the festival ends, to watch the full-length panel (short-form clips will be available as well).
Here’s the lowdown:
* We haven’t seen the last of Esther, according to Plec, who promised another chapter is coming in the tale between the Original Witch and her remaining Original offspring. The guys joked instead of the Brothers Grimm, we have Mother Grimm to look forward to.
* As for Katherine, don’t look for her anytime soon – she’s still hiding from Klaus and won’t come near Mystic Falls as long as he’s there.
* Re the eternal struggle between Damon and Stefan and their light and dark selves, Plec says Damon is no more good than Stefan is evil. They have equal capabilities.
* And as for the other struggle around which the show revolves – the Elena/Damon/Stefan triangle – this season Elena has a choice to make. Will everything come to a head? “A head, not THE head,” joked Plec.
* When asked if we’ll learn more about the death of Elena’s parents, there has been discussion of a flashback to Elena’s life with them pre-Salvatores, but it hasn’t been written yet.
* And what about poor Bonnie? Will she ever meet a nice stable guy? Kat Graham says yes, she will, but of course she couldn’t share any details.
* As much as Plec loves “Once More, With Feeling” from “Buffy”, don’t expect a full-blown musical episode, but a drunken karaoke night with the girls isn’t out of the question. *laughs*
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Write in your diary… or in the comments section below!