Zombie's H2 Gets "Weird"

Ok then. With all the casting and recasting going on lately with Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, it only seems fitting that somehow Weird Al Yankovic gets thrown into the mix, doesn't it?

Rob posted the first pic of Weird Al in character on "The Newman Hour", a television program in the film that's doing a piece Dr. Loomis and his latest book, The Devil Walks Among Us, on his MySpace page this morning.

Dig on the pic below and look for H2 in theatres August 28th.

Weird Al in Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Get weird in the Dread Central forums

Chainsaw's picture

Who said in DFF that it feels like Rob's making a parody movie of his own movie?

This confirms that they are right.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Fri, 03/27/2009 - 1:30am.
The Buz's picture

Dude...he's playing the same character from UHF?

Wow...

Guess I'll be seeing this when it comes out. Rob just sold me on this.

I adore Weird Al, so I'll see anything with him in it.

Submitted by The Buz on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 4:25pm.

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction as well.

I am all but positive that the movie will be horrendous, but come on... this is "Weird" Al we are talking about!

It almost makes me think that this is all a joke to Zombie. He is being forced to do this by the studio in order to get his other projects up and running, maybe this is his way of making sure the audience knows that he is not taking it seriously.

Submitted by conundrum on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 4:54pm.
The Buz's picture

Who cares either way? I'll watch the movie probably just for this scene, then leave. I have zero interest other than Mr. Al.

Now if it had Stanley talking about mops and life, I'd be all over this shit even more.

Submitted by The Buz on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 5:30pm.

Hopefully it will be in the first half hour so I can get my money back after seeing Al.

Submitted by conundrum on Sat, 03/28/2009 - 5:00pm.
Permafrost's picture

This is so awesome. Truly.

Submitted by Permafrost on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 3:22pm.

Newman as in George Newman, Al's character from UHF??? Rob Zombie, you need to stop. Go back to your music and leave cinema alone. Good bedfellows you do not make. You are not a filmmaker, you are a film fan with studio backing. They are not one in the same. If you really love the genre, back away now and make this world a little bit brighter.

Submitted by evilsamm on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 1:54pm.
Rorschach's picture

While I love Weird Al, I'm not too keen on him being in this movie. Hopefully, he uses some restraint, and doesn't get TOO manic or annoying.

Submitted by Rorschach on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 1:44pm.
moderator He can't even hold his hand

He can't even hold his hand still for a picture! ;)

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 3:31pm.