When it comes to seriously clever horror movies, I think we can all agree that Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon is aces. A masterful blend of found footage, mockumentary, and meta satire, the film was clearly made by horror fans who know the rules of the genre and, by extension, how to play with them. Since its release in 2006, the film has become a bonafide cult classic, a title it richly deserves.
This coming Tuesday will see Scream Factory releasing one of their signature collector’s editions (pre-order here) and we’re excited to bring you an exclusive clip from the special features where actors Angela Goethals and Ben Pace discuss what it was like to work with horror icon Robert Englund!
“You know legendary maniacs Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger. Now meet Leslie Vernon, the next great psycho-slasher. Vernon is a good-natured killing machine who invites a documentary film crew to follow him as he reminisces with his murder mentor, evades his psychiatrist/nemesis, deconstructs Freudian symbolism, and meticulously plots his upcoming slaughter spree. But when the actual carnage begins, where do you draw the line between voyeuristic thrills, mythic evil, and good old-fashioned slasher movie mayhem?”
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon stars Nathan Baesel, Angela Goethals, Ben Pace, Robert Englund, and features cameos from Zelda Rubinstein and Kane Hodder. It was directed by Scott Glosserman.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Comic Book Superheroes You Had No Idea Battled The PREDATOR
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News1 day ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews4 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!