There’s Drama in the Dark Room in this Restored Cat o’ Nine Tails Clip
Dario Argento’s 1971 classic The Cat o’ Nine Tails is set to whip its way onto a limited edition UK Blu-ray release on January 29, courtesy of Arrow Video.
To celebrate the release, which comes sporting a brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative, plus an impressive stack of extras (see below for the list), here’s an exclusive clip featuring some of that old Argento giallo goodness we all know, love… and sadly miss.
Extras on this Arrow Video release include:
- New audio commentary by critics Alan Jones and Kim Newman
- New interviews with co-writer/director Dario Argento, co-writer Dardano Sacchetti, actress Cinzia De Carolis and production manager Angelo Iacono
- Script pages for the lost original ending, translated into English for the first time
- Original Italian and international theatrical trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- 4 lobby card reproductions
- Limited edition booklet illustrated by Matt Griffin, featuring an essay on the film by Dario Argento, and new writing by Barry Forshaw, Troy Howarth and Howard Hughes
When a break-in occurs at a secretive genetics institute, blind puzzle-maker Franco Arnò, who overheard an attempt to blackmail one of the institute’s scientists shortly before the robbery, teams up with intrepid reporter Carlo Giordani to crack the case. But before long the bodies begin to pile up and the two amateur sleuths find their own lives imperilled in their search for the truth. And worse still, Lori, Franco’s young niece, may also be in the killer’s sights…