A new short film titled The Temple of Lilith has hit the Net; and along with being pretty darn creepy in its own right, it serves as a companion to the upcoming Sulphur for Leviathan, which is heading our way next year. Just a word of warning: If you find nuns disturbing (Uncle Creepy, I’m talking to YOU!), you should probably steer clear of Sulphur…
From the Press Release:
Following an exciting festival run for their first feature, Flesh of the Void, Sodom & Chimera has unveiled The Temple of Lilith, a new short for an unsuspecting public. The latest from experimental filmmaker James Quinn, The Temple of Lilith stars Hex Suicide from the Suicide Girls and was shot on 16mm film.
The score was created by Stephan Ortlepp’s musical collective Musica Non Grata, who previously composed the score for Flesh of the Void. The Temple of Lilith also features music by the Canadian doom metal band Dopethrone.
After the last witch of the south became ashes, never to be remembered, the mother of darkness, Lilith, rises from the ground to harvest the fruits of deadly sin and set an end to the holocaust of the saints, the religious pandemic that tried to enslave and ultimately annihilate her kind. Planting the seeds of the goat into her skull, she goes her way on a quest of darkness, to open the gates of hell and become one with the lord of flies.
The Temple of Lilith is a companion piece to Sulphur for Leviathan, a 13-minute arthouse film that Sodom & Chimera will release in 2018.
Sulphur for Leviathan revolves around a nun who suddenly finds herself progressively fantasizing about things that shouldn’t be in her head, increasingly having to face her own doings of blasphemy, all leading up to something demonically dark and sinister. Portrayed in a surreal manner both in color and black and white, with a heavy focus on elegant cinematography, the film tells a satanic tale of unfulfilled desires, lust, blasphemy, and existential dread, packed in a controversial and disturbing, but calm and poetic experience that is heavily inspired by Andrei Tarkovsky with a touch of satanism.
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
SLEEP EATERS Review – A Serious Case Of The Flesh-Munchies Strikes Back!
Brennan Went to Film School: Whoops, I Went and Did a Queer Interpretation of PREDATOR
Filming Begins on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2
Exclusive: 7 SPLINTERS IN TIME Clip Doesn’t Know Who to Trust
Interview: Bailee Madison Talks Doing Her Own Stunts in THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials6 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News6 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL
News4 days ago
RKSS’ Nostalgia Thriller SUMMER OF ’84 Lands Summer of ’18 Release Date
Reviews4 days ago
ZOMBIE 3 Blu-ray Review – The Combined Might Of Three Italian Gorehounds Makes For One Insane Adventure