Fans of classic horror, REJOICE! The Amicus Collection is headed to Blu-ray and DVD and we have a look at the artwork and more for you right here. Dig it!
From the Press Release:
Just in time to offer horror fans hope of a spooky future beyond the Halloween season, Severin Films is proud to announce the December 5th release of The Amicus Collection: a terrorizing triple feature of ghastly tales from the twisted side of the Thames, newly remastered and packed to the brim with special features.
Known as ‘The Studio That Dripped Blood’, the British film company Amicus Productions – founded by American writer/producers Max J. Rosenberg and Milton Subotsky – built a legacy of horror anthologies and twisted thrillers that remains among the very best genre movies of the ’70s. In this trio of Amicus classics – featuring stars that include Peter Cushing, Herbert Lom, Britt Ekland, Patrick Magee, Stephanie Beacham, Calvin Lockhart, Michael Gambon and Charlotte Rampling – you’ll discover the studio’s legendary portmanteau ASYLUM, their insane gothic shocker AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS, and – exclusive to this set – the infamous werewolf whodunit THE BEAST MUST DIE, as well as a Bonus Disc of Amicus trailers, TV commercials, rare interviews and more – all in this 4 disc box set.
The Amicus Collection is a limited, numbered edition release of only 3500 units.
Disc 1 – Asylum:
- Two’s A Company: 1972 On-set report from BBC featuring Interviews With Producer Milton Subotsky, Director Roy Ward Baker, Actors Charlotte Rampling, James Villiers, Megs Jenkins, Art Director Tony Curtis and Production Manager Teresa Bolland
- David J. Schow on Robert Bloch – Featurette
- Fiona Subotsky Remembers Milton Subotsky – Featurette
- Inside The Fear Factory Featurette with Directors Roy Ward Baker, Freddie Francis and Producer Max J. Rosenberg
- Audio Commentary with Director Roy Ward Baker and Camera Operator Neil Binney
- Theatrical Trailer
Disc 2 – And Now the Screaming Starts:
- The Haunting Of Oakley Court – Featurette with Allan Bryce, Author of “Amicus: The Friendly Face Of Fear”, and David Flint, Author of “Ten Years Of Terror”, visit the classic horror film location
- Audio Commentary with Director Roy Ward Baker and Actress Stephanie Beacham
- Audio Commentary with Star Ian Ogilvy
- Archive Audio Interview with Actor Peter Cushing By Denis Meikle
- Horror Journalist Denis Meikle Recalls And Now The Screaming Starts – Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spot
Disc 3 – The Beast Must Die:
Disc 4 – The Vault of Amicus:
- Audio Commentary With British Horror Film Writers Kim Newman & David Flint
- Phil Nutman Audio Interview with Milton Subotsky – Audio Interview With Accompanying Stills / Posters
- Jonathan Sothcott Audio Interview with Max Rosenberg – Audio Interview With Accompanying Stills / Posters
- Bonus Amicus TV spots