From acclaimed director Craig Murray and Stuff You Should Know podcast personality Ed Grabianowski comes The Between, a short film that is based on Grabianowski’s original story “Extraneus Invokat”. The film is currently seeking to raise just over $26,000 on Kickstarter so that it can create a short adaptation of the creepy story, which premiered on a SYSK Halloween special.
The short story follows an unnamed male narrator and his wife Laura, the latter of whom begins to undergo some strange and terrifying changes that haunt the partner. As time passes, so to do her changes, which become all the more erratic and obvious. The tale has a strange Cronenberg-meets-Del Toro kinda vibe to it, although I can’t put my finger on why. That being said, it’s got my serious interest.
Murray tells us that the short film will not have a narration aspect but instead follow “Nate”, a man, “…who becomes increasingly terrified of what he sleeps beside at night.”
If you want to hear the story on the Stuff You Should Know podcast, you can do so right here.
Attached to the short film are director Murray, screenwriter Grabianowski, producer Ben Thompson, Adam Mendez and colleagues from Twickenham Studios to work on sound design and post production, DP Colin Elves, and illustrator/graphic designer Adrian Stone.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Comic Book Superheroes You Had No Idea Battled The PREDATOR
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News4 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News1 day ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews5 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!