Today is momentous for two reasons: First, it kicks off the last weekend before Halloween 2017; and second, “Stranger Things” Season 2 is now available for streaming on Netflix! If you’re the type who likes to wear clothing pertaining to your favorite movies and TV shows or if you’re a collector of memorabilia, then read on for how you can show your love for the best damned horror series to come along in quite some time!
From the Press Release:
Just in time for its highly anticipated second season, BoxLunch partners with Netflix to unveil brand new officially licensed merchandise from the critically acclaimed series “Stranger Things.” Inspired by scenes and styling cues from the show’s previous and forthcoming episodes, BoxLunch presents an extensive collection of apparel, accessories, and collectibles.
Exclusive BoxLunch-only apparel items include the “Stranger Things” Holiday Sweater, Hawkins High Crewneck, and Duffle Bag; the ‘80s arcade styled Pixel Tee and Merrill’s Farm Tee; and three additional shirts – the Sketch Tee, Longsleeve, and Teaser Tee – that feature imagery from Season 2. A trio of limited edition Madrid Skateboard decks and a full line-up of Funko Pop! vinyl figures round out the comprehensive merchandise selection from BoxLunch.
Officially licensed Stranger Things merchandise is available NOW at BoxLunch stores and BoxLunch.com.
NECA Announces Ashy Slashy Puppet Replica
One of our favorite horror TV shows is Starz’s “Ash vs. Evil Dead,” and one of our favorite moments from the first two seasons is when Ash brings out his “Ashy Slashy” puppet.
If you’re like us and have been wondering when you could get your hands on an Ashy Slashy puppet of your own, today we have good news.
NECA has just announced its prop replica!
You can check out pics of the packaging reveal NECA did over on Facebook below, and then let us know if you’re going to be buying your very own Ash Slashy puppet.
We’ll let you know when the item becomes available for pre-order!
Rundown via NECA:
Every day can be demented play day with your very own Ashy Slashy puppet from Season 2 of Ash vs. Evil Dead! We’ve replicated Ash’s potty-mouthed little doppelganger from the asylum episodes for your (hopefully G-rated) entertainment.
This is a working puppet – insert your hand, and you can move the mouth; plus the arms are poseable thanks to inner articulation.
Ashy Slashy is approximately 15” tall.
Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and the Xenomorph Getting Their Own 8-Bit Pop Vinyls
Funko has released some delightful horror-themed products over the years, but this just takes the cake. They’ve announced a new line of 8-bit Pop Vinyl figures, which will feature pixelated versions of Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and the Xenomorph. I never thought I’d say it, but even Freddy Krueger looks cute.
Freddy and Jason will both come in standard editions, in addition to GameStop exclusives based on how they both appeared in their own NES video games. The Xenomorph will also have a Previews exclusive edition depicting it smeared with acid blood. Have a look at the images below to decide which versions you like best. Most of us would probably like to purchase all six!
These adorable (but still horrible) figures will be available in January, so make sure you don’t go bankrupt over Christmas.
#NYCC17: Fox Celebrating Buffy’s 20th Anniversary with a Fan Gifting Suite for One Day Only!
Fox Consumer Products is opening a complimentary “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” fan gifting suite at the upcoming New York Comic Con in celebration of the iconic show’s 20th Anniversary; and if you’ll be at the 2017 NYCC, you don’t want to miss out! But you’ll need to register for a spot because it’s a one-day only event that coincides with the launch of BuffySlays.com, an all-new online shopping destination for exclusive “Buffy” merchandise.
Read on for all the details!
From the Press Release:
The 20th Anniversary celebration of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” continues with a one-of-a-kind fan experience during New York Comic Con (running October 5-8, 2017). For years celebrities have been invited to gifting suites to fill up their bags with complimentary items, but this time Buffy’s loyal fandom will have the opportunity to do the same at the Buffy Fan Gifting Suite. The New York City suite will be open for one day only on Friday, October 6th, from 1-6 PM, allowing attendees to choose a few items from a wide assortment of Buffy merchandise – from apparel and accessories to games and brand new books – all for FREE!
Starting today, fans of the iconic series can select a gifting suite appointment time and find additional details by visiting BuffySlays.com – the new online shopping destination from 20th Century Fox Consumer Products showcasing exclusive Buffy merchandise. While registration for the Buffy Fan Gifting Suite is on a first-come/first-served basis, wait list information will be posted in the days ahead on the Buffy Facebook page. A New York Comic Con badge is not a requirement to access the gifting suite.
The Buffy Fan Gifting Suite will feature a wide variety of apparel, merchandise, and unique collectibles that have been released this year in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the iconic TV show. Participating partners are highlighted below.
· The gifting suite will feature a selection of exclusive Buffy merchandise from Fox Consumer Product’s all-new shopping portal, BuffySlays.com. Items currently available now for purchase include a Buffy varsity jacket, a selection of unique tees, mugs, blankets, notebooks, posters, and more.
· Releasing next month, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Official Grimoire: A Magickal History of Sunnydale (Insight Editions) is the first and only truly comprehensive collection of every magical moment from all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, humorously narrated by beloved resident witch Willow Rosenberg. Completely illustrated and annotated by the rest of the gang, this book of spells is a unique keepsake for fans of the Buffy-verse and an incredible celebration of the show’s twenty-year legacy. This grimoire from the baddest witch around will teach potential slayers and aspiring wiccans everything they’ll ever need to know about magic in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
· Buffy: Demons of the Hellmouth, from Titan Books, is a fully licensed guide to the vampires and other demons that flocked to the Sunnydale Hellmouth. This in-universe illustrated guide is written by Rupert Giles and also contains handwritten notes from Buffy and Willow.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia: The Ultimate Guide to the Buffyverse (Harper Design) is a comprehensive, authorized compendium of all things Buffy the Vampire Slayer, published in celebration of the revered show’s twentieth anniversary. Coming October 3rd, fans can discover Buffy’s world fully with this full-color A-to-Z encyclopedia that catalogs, explains, and cross-references every detail of the Buffyverse, from characters, locations, and weapons to episodes, demons, and recurring gags. Packed with content from the television show, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia is the first companion book that also includes key facts from the official canon comics and its spin-off show Angel—making this comprehensive volume the only truly complete guide to the entire Buffyverse. Lavishly produced and written by Buffy experts, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia is the authoritative source for fans, allowing them to indulge in the intricacies and nuances of the series as never before. With color stills and photography throughout, an eerie cover with special effects, and an incredible design that reflects the show’s aesthetics, this fully authorized companion is a must-have for all Buffy enthusiasts.
· Funko, purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles, will feature at the gifting suite their brand new Funko Rock Candy: Buffy the Vampire Slayer-Willow Collectible Figure and Funko Rock Candy Vampire Slayer-Buffy Collectible Figure. Additionally, Funko’s New York Comic Con booth (#722) will offer an exclusive Buffy the Vampire Slayer Pop! 2-pack! (Buffy & Faith). Following NYCC, this 2-Pack will only be only available at BoxLunch stores and BoxLunch.com. BoxLunch, a cause-driven pop-culture gift store, offers fans numerous Buffy items to purchase including apparel, accessories, and collectibles. For every $10 spent in-store or online, BoxLunch helps provide a meal to a person in need through their partnership with Feeding America.
· The team of imaginative pop culture fanatics at Ripple Junction have locked themselves in the library and studied up on the last 20 years of fandom celebrating Buffy. Ripple Junction has developed a full line of tees for young men and women available at major retail outlets, as well as ripplejunction.com and Amazon.com.
· Releasing on October 3rd from Simon & Schuster, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 20 Years of Slaying: The Watcher’s Guide Authorized is a special hardcover collector’s edition of the authorized Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher’s Guides, now with updated content from the cast and crew! Just in time for the show’s twentieth anniversary, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher’s Guides have been compiled into one hardcover collector’s edition for the first time! Inside, you’ll find all the best content from Volumes 1–3 of the original Watcher’s Guides, as well as exclusive new content, including never-before-seen interviews with the cast and crew.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer Adult Coloring Book (Dark Horse) – Enter the world of the Slayer, the Chosen One who wields the skill to fight vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness. Favorite characters and moments from the beloved television series are represented in this delightful adult coloring book. Contains 45 black-and-white, detailed, and original illustrations.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Big Bads & Monsters Adult Coloring Book (Dark Horse) brings to life these ready-to-color pages filled with your favorite Big Bads and monsters in your own way in this follow-up to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Adult Coloring Book. Forty-five original black and white illustrations give you the Chosen One and all the Scoobies and a rogues gallery of the very worst and most interesting vampires, demons, witches, and more, interspersed with elements of magic, a little humor, and the heart of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
· From Jasco, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game where players must help Buffy The Vampire Slayer protect Sunnydale from the forces of evil in this fully cooperative board game.
· Hot Topic, the retail destination for music and pop-culture inspired clothes and accessories, plus fashion apparel for girls and guys, is celebrating 20 years of slaying. Hot Topic offers a wide selection of Buffy merchandise inspired by beloved characters from the show including Willow’s iconic pink, fuzzy sweater; tops featuring memorable quotes from the series; and more.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Vampyr Stationery Set includes a 192-page blank pocket journal, 20 blank notecards featuring iconic Buffy quotes, envelopes, and 20 Hellmouth sticker seals. Enclosed in a keepsake box designed to look like it came from Giles’ library, this special stationery set allows fans to share the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with their fellow Scoobies. (Insight Editions)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Vampyr Hardcover Ruled Journal includes a section of text adapted from the original Slayer Handbook before giving way to blank ruled pages. Atmospheric, engrossing, and designed with a dynamic in-universe aesthetic, this blank ruled journal invites readers to add their own story to the legacy of the Slayer. (Insight Editions)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sunnydale High Hardcover Ruled Journal is a finely crafted writing journal that includes a ribbon bookmark, elastic closure, inside back pocket for storage, and beautiful leatherette cover featuring the iconic emblem of Sunnydale High. (Insight Editions)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Season 8 Vol 1 (Dark Horse) – A New York Times bestseller! Series creator Joss Whedon brought Buffy the Vampire Slayer back to life with this comics-only follow-up to Season 7 of the television show. Aptly named Season 8, these comics are the official sequel to Buffy and continue where the live-action series left off with the Slayer, her friends, and their ongoing challenge to fight the forces of darkness. This oversized omnibus edition is one of two volumes that will contain the entirety of Season 8. Contains Buffy Season 8 Library Edition Volumes 1-2 (excluding sketchbook materials), all series covers (Buffy Season 8 #1-#20), the Willow one-shot Goddesses and Monsters, and the “Always Darkest” short from MySpace Dark Horse Presents #24.
David Lynch Says There May Be a Fourth Season of Twin Peaks
Exclusive: Cast & Crew Reflect on Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation – Part 2
Blumhouse’s Happy Death Day Has Now Made $100 Million Worldwide
Whatever Happened to John Gulager’s Children of the Corn: Runaway?
Synapse’s Suspiria 4K Restoration Gets a Release Date
Mindhunter Review: The Best Netflix Original Series to Date
Director Says New Suspiria Film Isn’t a Remake
7 Freddy’s Nightmares Episodes That Should’ve Been Movies
What if the Best Synth Scores Are For Horror Films That Don’t Really Exist?
Exclusive: Dark Horse Announces Three New Hellboy Collections and We Have the Covers
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation – First Trailer and Artwork!
The Walking Dead Season 7 Limited Edition Box Set – Unboxing Video
Desolation Trailer Goes Off Trail
More Exclusive Stills from Devil’s Whisper
Talent to Attend Dread Central’s Bicoastal Screenings for The Night Watchmen Next Week in NY and LA
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
From Around the Web
Reviews5 days ago
AHS: Cult Review – Clowns, Cults, Politics, and Peters
News6 days ago
Blumhouse’s New Halloween Will Change The Original Film’s Ending (Slightly)
News6 days ago
Exclusive: Buzzard Hollow Beef Brings Cannibal Gore to the Holidays
News4 days ago
Danielle Harris Tried to Get Jamie Lloyd into New Halloween Movie
News5 days ago
The Axiom Review – A Stylish and Clever Slice of Independent Horror
Reviews6 days ago
DIS Review – Not for the Faint of Heart!
News6 days ago
Kevin Bacon Lets Us Know the Tremors Reboot Pilot Has Wrapped Filming
News3 days ago
Whatever Happened to Eli Roth’s Thanksgiving?