Next Monday, October 30th, at 9pm, PBS will be airing a new entry in its “American Masters” series, this one titled “Edgar Allan Poe: Buried Alive.” Directed by Eric Strange and narrated by Kathleen Turner, the documentary will explore the misrepresentations of the acclaimed Gothic author/poet and explore the circumstances that came about after his death, which included an obituary that labeled him a “lunatic” and “madman.”
Poe will be played in this installment by Denis O’Hare (“American Horror Story”), and select readings will be done by Chris Sarandon (Fright Night, The Princess Bride) and Ben Schnetzer (Warcraft, The Book Thief).
Below are a trailer and a clip from the documentary. If you can’t see the show, when it debuts this coming Monday, you can always stream it on PBS’s website after its premiere!
EDGAR ALLAN POE is among the most famous and widely read of all American authors. His name and image are iconic. He has been a constant source of inspiration for countless artists, writers, musicians, and filmmakers. And yet, despite Poe’s enormous influence on the culture of the United States, what most people know about Poe is wrong.
Taking advantage of the wealth of new scholarship, “EDGAR ALLAN POE: BURIED ALIVE” will reveal the man behind the myth through an examination of his life, his work, and the world in which he lived — decades of extraordinary change in America. Only in that way can the mystery that is Edgar Allan Poe be solved.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Comic Book Superheroes You Had No Idea Battled The PREDATOR
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News4 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News1 day ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews5 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!