Justin M. Seaman’s The Barn (review) has finally arrived on Blu-ray, and it’s filled to the brim with extras.
Without meaning to sound like I’m tooting my own horn, I should mention that I appear in the bonus features. I was lucky enough to attend The Barn’s UK premiere, and after the screening most of the audience, myself included, were filmed talking about how much we loved the film (and I was also sure to proudly mention that I write for Dread Central). All of our interviews were shot and edited by filmmaker Emma Dark and can be found on the Blu-ray.
I also met Graham Humphreys at the premiere, and the two of us have remained friends ever since. You probably know Graham as the artist behind the UK posters for Evil Dead and A Nightmare on Elm Street. He painted the cover for this new Blu-ray edition of The Barn, and as you can see, calling it stunning is an understatement.
The original DVD artwork for The Barn was created by Sadist Art Designs, and the Blu-ray sleeve will contain their design on one side and Graham’s on the other, so have a look below to decide which one takes your fancy.
In addition to the main cover image, Graham also provided me with some early sketches and work-in-progress images before he completed the final draft. All of the images are included below, and looking at them gives you a real insight into the design process that goes into Graham’s paintings.
The Barn stars Mitchell Musolino, Will Stout, Lexi Dripps, Linnea Quigley, and the original Jason Voorhees himself, Ari Lehman. The film’s already well on the way to achieving cult status, so make sure you get in on the action.
The Barn Blu-ray Official Synopsis:
You can now bring home the critically acclaimed and multiple award winning indie Halloween horror hit The Barn on Blu-ray for $19.99 at thebarnmerch.com!
It’s Halloween 1989, and best friends Sam and Josh are just trying to enjoy their last “Devil’s Night” before graduating high school. Trouble soon arises when the two pals and a group of friends take a detour on their way to a rock concert, finding an old abandoned barn and awakening the evil inside. Now it’s up to Sam and Josh to find a way to protect their friends and defeat the creatures that lurk within The Barn…
The film stars Mitchell Musolino, Will Stout, Lexi Dripps, Cortland Woodard, Nikki Darling, and Nickolaus Joshua with Linnea Quigley (Night of the Demons, Return of the Living Dead) and Ari Lehman (the first Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th). Featuring an original score by Rocky Gray, former member of Grammy award-winning goth/rock group Evanescence.
This Special Edition Blu-ray is a jam-packed trick-or-treat bag full of over 90 minutes of bonus goodies. It also includes a reversible insert sleeve featuring the classic Sadist Art Designs artwork on one side and a brand new design by the legendary film poster illustrator Graham Humphreys on the other showcasing iconic scenes from the film.
“I’ve always been huge fan of Graham Humphreys’ artwork, so I was shocked when I heard he attended the film’s London premier at “World Wide Weird” and enjoyed The Barn so much that he wanted to create an original piece. I got in contact with him and told him I was looking to do some new art for the Blu-ray release, but this time I wanted to show scenes from the film and incorporate the cast. There is a bonus feature on the disc that includes audience reactions created by filmmaker Emma Dark from the London show, and Graham is one of them. During this filmed interview is when he actually suggests that I reach out to him about it, so it’s pretty cool to watch that and then pick up the Blu-ray cover and see that it actually happened,” said writer/director Justin M. Seaman.
“THE MAKING OF A NIGHTMARE” is nearly an hour-long documentary that tells the story of how the film began as a childhood dream and what it took for a group of dedicated individuals to create the finished project. Including interviews from the cast and crew as well as Linnea Quigley, Ari Lehman, and Rocky Gray.
Bonus Content Info:
- Audio Commentary by Justin M. Seaman (Writer/Director), Mitchell Musolino (Actor – “Sam”) and Zane Hershberger (Director of Photography)
- “The Making of a Nightmare” Documentary – Cast and Crew Interviews (Including Ari Lehman, Linnea Quigley, and Rocky Gray)
- Gag Reel
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Alternate Ending
- “Harvest” Music Video by Rebel Flesh
- “All Hallow’s Eve” short film
- “World Wide Weird” London premiere reactions
- Original Storybook
- Reversible Cover Artwork by Marc Schoenbach and Graham Humphreys
Now available for $19.99 at thebarnmerch.com
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Rest in Peace: Director and Title Designer Richard Alan Greenberg Passes Away at 71
Popcorn Frights 2018: World Premiere of First English-Language Cuban Horror Film Leads the First Wave
Marketing Magic: John McTiernan’s PREDATOR
E3 2018: Massive Photo Gallery Recap
Dark Horse and Netflix Announce STRANGER THINGS Comic Books!
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials5 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News2 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News5 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
Reviews6 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News6 days ago
Sid Haig Celebrates HANUKKAH
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL