There’s a subgenre of horror that is specifically aimed at finding ways to inject terror into the holidays. While we see it done for Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, and more, it is Christmas that has received the majority of horror malice with films like Black Christmas, Krampus, Santa’s Slay, Silent Night, Deadly Night, and more. Something about a holiday that is built upon giving and generosity makes it the perfect foundation for bloodshed. After all, if you’ve given a little, why not give a bit more?
Canadian micro-publisher Spectacular Optical is putting together Yuletide Terror, a book that features a collection of essays and interviews as well as reviews about this subgenre. Per their own description, “Yuletide Terror is a comprehensive look at TV and cinematic holiday horror from around the world, and includes a compendium including nearly 200 Christmas horror film reviews.”
The book will feature few pieces by authors such as Stephen Thrower, Kim Newman, Caelum Vatnsdal, Michael Gingold, Shelagh Rowan-Legg, Alexandra West, Michael Helms, and many, many more.
If you want to snag a copy of this book, you can pre-order one via Instagram.
Yuletide Terror will be released this Christmas season.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
EXISTENZ UK Blu-ray Review – Come And Jack Into Cronenberg’s Porthole Once Again
Exclusive: THE NIGHT EATS THE WORLD Trailer Brings Zombie Terror to Paris
Baldwin, Grieco, Moseley, and Swain Count Down the MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
Why Horror Fans Should Be Excited About JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM
TONIGHT! #Brainwaves Episode 92: Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead Talk THE ENDLESS and More!
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials5 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News2 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News4 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News4 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
Drinking With the Dread6 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews5 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News6 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!