One of the awesome things about LEGO is that they have the LEGO Ideas portal, which is a place for fans to create their own set ideas, gather support from the community who want to see it come to fruition, and then potentially get it approved and put in stores! We’ve seen ideas like The Addams Family and Gremlins, so why not venture into the world of H.P. Lovecraft and get ourselves a set based upon his 1928 story “The Call of Cthulhu”?
The idea was created by RichterMat, who explains, “The scene of my model depicts the arrival of the norwegian sailor Gustaf Johansen and his crew in the city of R’lyeh which was built by alien beings aeons before humanity inhabited the earth and is described as a cyclopean city of titan blocks and sky-flung monoliths (decorated with strange runes). It was sunk to the ground of the ocean, where Cthulhu (an ancient alien being) had to wait for the stars to align the right way so R’lyeh would rise again to the surface. While exploring the ancient ruins the sailors accidently release the “Great Old One” from his prison and try to escape aboard the “Alert”, a derelict ship, that was discovered by the sailors earlier…”
If you want to see this set become a reality, click here to support the project. If it gets 10,000 votes, it moves from the first round into the LEGO Review stage where they determine if it’s good enough for stores!
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Blumhouse’s UPGRADE Gets Claymation Poster Treatment
Bram Stoker’s SHADOWBUILDER w/ Rooker and Todd Hits Blu-ray in August
Fantasia 2018 Second Wave Films Include Blumhouse’s HURT
HEREDITARY Officially Box-Office Hit
Michael Tully’s SXSW Hit DON’T LEAVE HOME Gets New Poster
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Exclusive: Creepy Forest Monsters Gonna Creep in THE RAKE
Editorials3 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News5 days ago
Hulu’s CASTLE ROCK Will Be Filled With Stephen King Easter Eggs
News2 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
Drinking With the Dread4 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
News6 days ago
First Look: Taissa Farmiga in THE CONJURING Spin-off THE NUN
Reviews3 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
Reynolds Joins Raimi’s BERMUDA TRIANGLE