Sony Pictures has announced that they will be releasing a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of Francis Ford Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula just in time for the film’s 25th anniversary. There will be hours of special features, including the 4K resolution edition of the film, which will also have HRD and Dolby Atmos audio.
Those who know me know that I adore this film. It’s absolutely gorgeous and captures an atmosphere that cannot be denied. It’s also a film that manages to mix horror with genuine romance beautifully. Lastly, it’s a film that doesn’t age, thanks to its period setting as well as the magnificent production design throughout.
Bram Stoker’s Dracula stars Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, and Anthony Hopkins. The 4K Ultra HD version will be released on October 3rd.
From award-winning director Francis Ford Coppola comes this remake of the classic and chilling tale about the devastatingly seductive Transylvanian prince (Gary Oldman) who travels from Eastern Europe to 19th century London in search of human love. After centuries alone in his crumbling castle, Dracula’s taste for humanity has grown bold with desire, drawing him out of seclusion. When the charismatic Dracula meets Mina (Winona Ryder), a young woman who appears as the reincarnation of his lost love, the two embark on a journey of romantic passion and horror.
- Reflections in Blood: Francis Ford Coppola and Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Practical Magicians: A Collaboration Between Father and Son
- Deleted Scenes
- Four (4) Legacy Featurettes
- Audio Commentary and Film Introduction by Director Francis Ford Coppola
- 1993 Audio Commentary with Francis Ford Coppola, Roman Coppola, and Greg Cannom
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Comic Book Superheroes You Had No Idea Battled The PREDATOR
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News4 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News1 day ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews5 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!