Starting this month, look for more classic horror films to reach consumers through Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s special manufacturing-on-demand platform. These DVDs are part of the MGM Limited Edition Collection and will be available from your favorite online retailer.
Here are the six genre films coming our way:
● THE BLACK SLEEP (1958): The masters of classic horror (Basil Rathbone, John Carradine, Bela Lugosi, and Lon Chaney, Jr.) gather together and meet in a spooky old house in which a crazed scientist creates frightening human mutants. Directed by Reginald LeBorg.
● QUEEN OF BLOOD (1966): When an alien ship crash-lands on Mars, a rescue ship is sent to look for survivors. They find just one: an alien vampire, who starts killing the crew by sucking their blood. Directed by Curtis Harrington.
● DAUGHTERS OF SATAN (1972): An antique dealer living in Manila falls victim to an ancient Satanic curse—the result of his wife joining a cult. Directed by Hollingsworth Morse.
● THE CALLER (1987): A strange visitor (Malcolm McDowell) finds his way into the home of a lone woman, and undertones of fear quietly begin to surface as a series of twisted, chilling games ensue. Directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman.
● THE AMBULANCE (1990): When the woman of his dreams is snatched by a strange ambulance, Josh (Eric Roberts) looks into a series of similar disappearances and finds a ring of doctors who traffic in human guinea pigs. Also stars James Earl Jones; directed by Larry Cohen.
● BURIED ALIVE (1990): Students at a correctional school for girls start disappearing, when it is found they are being buried alive by someone who has a connection to the school’s insane past. Directed by Gerald Kikoine.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Honor the classics in the comments section below.