Thanks to the success of Kong: Skull Island, MarVista Entertainment and IM Global Television have teamed up to create a live-action TV adaptation that they’re calling “King Kong Skull Island,” according to Deadline. This marks the first live-action television entry in the Kong universe.
The series is being written by Jonathan Penner and Stacy Title (The Bye Bye Man) and is said to follow a female-led multicultural expedition that delves into the world of Skull Island and the mysteries it holds. MarVista and IM Global TV will develop, co-produce, and co-finance the series; Penner and Title will executive produce with Dannie Festa of World Builder Entertainment.
“Jonathan and Stacy have taken a world that has enraptured audiences in all its many forms over the years and given it a contemporary, female-focused spin,” said MarVista CEO Fernando Szew.
IM Global TV president Mark Stern added, “There’s clearly a deep and abiding interest in this timeless story. We love Stacy and Jonathan’s approach to this adaptation and look forward to partnering with MarVista as we bring this gripping tale of survival and adventure to life for a new generation of Kong fans.”
No word yet on an estimated release date. Keep your eye on Dread Central for more updates as they come in!
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Comic Book Superheroes You Had No Idea Battled The PREDATOR
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News4 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News1 day ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews5 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!