The final specs for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Gruesome Edition have not been officially announced, but Fangoria did get the word from an anonymous source about all the good stuff that will be on the disc, which is due out October 10th from MGM Home Entertainment. Dig:
• Audio commentary by director Tobe Hooper
• Audio commentary by actors Bill Moseley and Caroline Williams and makeup FX artist Tom Savini
• “It Runs in the Family,” an all-new 90-minute documentary in six parts:
– “Texas Screenplay Massacre” with scriptwriter L.M. Kit Carson
– “The Art of Mayhem,” covering the set design and photography with Kooris, production designer Cary White, and prop master Michael Sullivan
– “Cast of Characters” with Moseley, Williams, Bill Johnson (Leatherface), and Lou Perryman discussing their casting and making the film
– “Prime Meat,” on set with Savini, including his never-before-seen home movies
– “Father of the Saw,” cast and crew memories of working with Hooper
– “Requiem for a Sequel,” a look back at the film’s impact with cast and crew comments
• Deleted scenes, including the parking-garage slaughter with Joe Bob Briggs cameo
• Original theatrical trailer
• Poster and still gallery
Damn, that’s a lot of stuff for such a wildly under-appreciated sequel, but then DVD companies are all about the massive Special Editions these days so it doesn’t surprise me!
Wish your plate would stop itching in our forums!