I’m not a parent, so I can’t speak to the difficulties of being a horror fan with a toddler that isn’t old enough to partake in my passion. However, I can only imagine it’s a challenge for those that do because then you have to constantly wonder if they’re the right age for a certain film, book, video game, etc… There has to be an ever-present mental state of, “Am I fucking this kid up for life by showing them this?” And while showing your 7-year-old Cannibal Holocaust might not be the way to go, I DO think that having a party with a horror-themed piñata is a totally reasonable path to introducing them to horror! But where might one find such a delightful product?
Enter Hang Me, an Etsy store that has a slew of horror-themed piñata’s that you can hang from a tree and let your kid bash the shit out of at their next birthday party! They’ve got Chucky from Child’s Play, Regan from The Exorcist, Pennywise from It, Jigsaw from Saw, and several more that are well worth checking out!
In my opinion, I think this is a brilliant way to show kids that they don’t have to fear what they see in movies or on TV. By allowing children to literally defeat “monsters”, they see that they are strong, capable, and able to take care of themselves. No more night lights for little Bobby or darling Jessica!
Click on the link above to get your very own piñata and check out a few samples below!
via Dangerous Minds
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Rest in Peace: Director and Title Designer Richard Alan Greenberg Passes Away at 71
Popcorn Frights 2018: World Premiere of First English-Language Cuban Horror Film Leads the First Wave
Marketing Magic: John McTiernan’s PREDATOR
E3 2018: Massive Photo Gallery Recap
Dark Horse and Netflix Announce STRANGER THINGS Comic Books!
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials5 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News2 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News5 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
Reviews6 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News6 days ago
Sid Haig Celebrates HANUKKAH
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL