Last week WE tv debuted the new paranormal docu-series “Ghosts in the Hood,” and I have to say those of us here at DC who watched it had a great time and are looking forward to tomorrow night’s Episode 1.02, “Menace 2 South Central.” If you are, too, here’s an exclusive clip to further whet your appetites.
About “Ghosts in the Hood”:
WE tv’s new paranormal docu-series “Ghosts in the Hood” blends humor with the supernatural and follows a group of diverse ghost hunters as they investigate unexplained phenomena across Los Angeles. The show follows the ghost-hunting team of O.P.O. (Official Paranormal Operations), who go where other ghost hunters typically don’t – from the LBC to Altadena – bringing their signature humor along with them. WE tv has produced six hour-long episodes of the series.
In each episode O.P.O. responds to two different clients in distress. Whether they live in a haunted home or run a business plagued by spirits, O.P.O. has a strong track record of resolving unexplained issues for their clients, by either proving or disproving that something paranormal is plaguing them.
“Ghosts in the Hood” is produced for WE tv by Gurney Productions and executive produced by Scott Gurney and Deirdre Gurney. Mike Odair and Todd Hurvitz also executive produce. In-house executive producers for WE tv are Lauren Gellert, David Stefanou, and Sitarah Pendelton-Eaglin.
“Ghosts in the Hood” Episode 1.02 – “Menace 2 South Central” (1/12/17; 10pm ET/PT)
Defecio and his team of ghost hunters are called in to investigate a haunted piñata house. Suspicions quickly turn to fact when the team’s medium, Jasmine, extracts answers from the spirit of a murdered child!
After providing a twisted solution to the problem at hand, the O.P.O takes to Burbank, where a Family Fun Zone is growing frightened of an unexplained presence. After a long night of minimal progress, the team is suddenly struck with intense and unexpected symptoms, arriving at a literally “shocking” conclusion.
- Defecio Stoglin – The CEO of O.P.O., Defecio was compelled by his passion for the paranormal and founded and created Official Paranormal Operations to help out everyday people who are dealing problems of the supernatural kind. With his keen and eager eye for investigating, Defecio tries to bring peace of mind to his clients.
- Jasmine Orpilla – A verified medium, Jasmine comes to speak to the departed spirits that inhabit the haunted sites investigated by O.P.O. Jasmine has been communicating with spirits for quite a number of years and as a result has honed and developed her contact skills to the other side.
- Dave Purdy – The technical expert for O.P.O., Dave has a passion for all things technical and a knack for building his own gear. He builds and creates the gear used to collect evidence of paranormal activity for clients, and he is the lead on revealing the found evidence once the investigation is over. His love for the paranormal and talent for creating innovative technologies makes him the perfect tech expert for O.P.O.
- Matty Richards – A family friend of Defecio from New York, Matty is also a budding comedian and actor, providing much needed comic relief for the group, as well as being O.P.O.’s resident scaredy cat. Although he has no previous ghost-hunting skills, he is currently learning the ins and outs to help O.P.O. any way he can.
- Maunda Oyin – As the group’s chief researcher, Maunda does anything she can to supply context for the frightening situations the crew is about to head into. Using her naturally inquisitive mind, Maunda digs into the history of every haunting, going to libraries, records offices, even traveling door-to-door in the neighborhoods where they’re investigating, to maximize O.P.O.’s chances of discovering information useful to their case.