Right before Halloween last year, WE tv announced the new paranormal series “Ghosts in the Hood” would be arriving on January 5th, and now that we’re just a day away from the premiere, we have an exclusive sneak peek to share.
And that’s not all… if you head over to wetv.com, you can watch the first episode in its entirety! In this ep, titled “Scared Straight Outta Compton,” the O.P.O. takes to the streets of Compton to investigate Adam’s Mortuary, a drive-thru funeral home, which is losing business due to rumors of its hauntings. The next case takes the group to Hollywood to investigate a hoarder’s home where something cursed is causing strange dreams. Can the O.P.O. work together to fight through their own fear in order to exorcise the evil? Will the team be able to bring peace of mind to those haunted?
About “Ghosts in the Hood”:
WE tv’s new paranormal docu-series “Ghosts in the Hood” blends humor with the supernatural and follows a group of diverse ghost hunters as they investigate unexplained phenomena across Los Angeles. Premiering on Thursday, January 5, 2017, on WE tv, the show follows the ghost-hunting team of O.P.O. (Official Paranormal Operations), who go where other ghost hunters typically don’t – from the LBC to Altadena – bringing their signature humor along with them. WE tv has produced six hour-long episodes of the series.
In each episode O.P.O. responds to two different clients in distress. Whether they live in a haunted home or run a business plagued by spirits, O.P.O. has a strong track record of resolving unexplained issues for their clients, by either proving or disproving that something paranormal is plaguing them.
“Ghosts in the Hood” is produced for WE tv by Gurney Productions and executive produced by Scott Gurney and Deirdre Gurney. Mike Odair and Todd Hurvitz also executive produce. In-house executive producers for WE tv are Lauren Gellert, David Stefanou, and Sitarah Pendelton-Eaglin.
- Defecio Stoglin – The CEO of O.P.O., Defecio was compelled by his passion for the paranormal and founded and created Official Paranormal Operations to help out everyday people who are dealing problems of the supernatural kind. With his keen and eager eye for investigating, Defecio tries to bring peace of mind to his clients.
- Jasmine Orpilla – A verified medium, Jasmine comes to speak to the departed spirits that inhabit the haunted sites investigated by O.P.O. Jasmine has been communicating with spirits for quite a number of years and as a result has honed and developed her contact skills to the other side.
- Dave Purdy – The technical expert for O.P.O., Dave has a passion for all things technical and a knack for building his own gear. He builds and creates the gear used to collect evidence of paranormal activity for clients, and he is the lead on revealing the found evidence once the investigation is over. His love for the paranormal and talent for creating innovative technologies makes him the perfect tech expert for O.P.O.
- Matty Richards – A family friend of Defecio from New York, Matty is also a budding comedian and actor, providing much needed comic relief for the group, as well as being O.P.O.’s resident scaredy cat. Although he has no previous ghost-hunting skills, he is currently learning the ins and outs to help O.P.O. any way he can.
- Maunda Oyin – As the group’s chief researcher, Maunda does anything she can to supply context for the frightening situations the crew is about to head into. Using her naturally inquisitive mind, Maunda digs into the history of every haunting, going to libraries, records offices, even traveling door-to-door in the neighborhoods where they’re investigating, to maximize O.P.O.’s chances of discovering information useful to their case.