We recently told you about the upcoming Etheria Toronto, an evening of new genre films from emerging women directors; and a week after that, Etheria Film Night joins forces with Dark Delicacies in Burbank, CA, for an afternoon celebrity charity signing event to benefit Reel Grrls and Celeste Yarnall.
You can learn more below and on the Facebook Event Page.
From the Press Release:
On February 27, 2016, collect the signatures of amazing women working behind the scenes in horror films. Female directors, producers, cinematographers, screenwriters, and more are an integral part of horror history and have contributed so much to our beloved genre. Come celebrate these women and their accomplishments by having your DVD or poster signed, purchasing one of their autographed photos, and having your own photo snapped with them.
All of the autograph proceeds of this event will go to benefit charity. Reel Grrls empowers young women from diverse communities to realize their power, talent, and influence through media production. We will also be raising funds for Celeste Yarnall, star of Beast of Blood (1970) and The Velvet Vampire (1971), who is currently undergoing treatment for stage 3 ovarian cancer that is not covered by her medical insurance. You can learn more about Celeste and her health crisis at STYD. We’ll have signed DVDs and photos from Celeste, as well as DVDs, comic books, and other materials available from all of our celebrities.
Join us for this awesome event hosted by Dark Delicacies bookstore and Etheria Film Night. Help us to help other women in the horror community by supporting Celeste Yarnall, one of our own women in horror, and celebrate Women in Horror Month 2016 by attending!
When: Saturday, February 27, 2016 / 2:00-5:00 PM
Where: Dark Delicacies
3512 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
Confirmed to Attend:
- Sandy King Carpenter is an artist, writer, film producer, and the president of Storm King Productions. She produced the horror films Prince of Darkness (1987), They Live (1988), Body Bags (1993), In the Mouth of Madness (1994), Village of the Damned (1995), Ghosts of Mars (2001), Vampires (2002), and Vampires: Los Muertos (2002). Her comic books include John Carpenter’s Asylum and John Carpenter’s Tales for a HalloweeNight
- Rae Dawn Chong has appeared in numerous cult genre films and TV series, such as Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990), but she is also a horror film director. Her short horror comedy film Cursed Part 3 (2000) launched the career of movie star Chris Pratt and parodies the business of making horror films.
- Jackie Kong is the director of the cult horror films The Being (1983) and Blood Diner (1987). She is embarking on the next phase of her directing career, with several new genre projects in the pipeline.
- Jace Anderson is the prolific co-screenwriter of over one dozen horror and thriller feature films including the remake of Night of the Demons (2009) and Dario Argento’s Mother of Tears (2007).
- Rena Riffel is known for her eclectic roles in cult films such as Showgirls (1995) and Mulholland Drive (2001) but is also an independent filmmaker. Her films as director include the tongue-in-cheek sequel Showgirls 2: Penny’s From Heaven (2011), Trasharella (2009), and Astrid (2015).
- Jennifer Blanc is a director and producer, spearheading a slate of new horror films through her company Blanc/Biehn Productions. Her recent films as director are the horror/sci-fi The Night Visitor (2013) and the horror/thriller The Girl (2014), and she has produced over 22 features in the last five years including The Victim (2011) and Among Friends (2012).
- Deborah Brock wrote and directed the sequel Slumber Party Massacre II (1987), of the iconic slasher trilogy, as well as the cult sequel Rock and Roll High School Forever (1991). Her new sci-fi horror comic Spoilerland (Issue #1) has just been released from Emet Comics.
- Kristina Klebe is a familiar face in modern horror films, from Rob Zombie’s Halloween (2007) to last year’s Tales of Halloween (2015). She’s also a budding director, with several gruesome short films: Daddy’s Little Girl (2012) and As Human As Animal (2011, starring Diamond Dallas Page).
- And more to be announced!
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Exclusive: 7 SPLINTERS IN TIME Clip Doesn’t Know Who to Trust
Interview: Bailee Madison Talks Doing Her Own Stunts in THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT
Rob Zombie’s New 3 FROM HELL Image Wants to “Free Baby”
#Brainwaves Episode 92: Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead Talk THE ENDLESS and More! Listen NOW!
Rest in Peace: Director and Title Designer Richard Alan Greenberg Passes Away at 71
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials6 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News6 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL
News4 days ago
RKSS’ Nostalgia Thriller SUMMER OF ’84 Lands Summer of ’18 Release Date
News6 days ago
Trailer: Lemmy, Ron Jeremy, and Steve-O Star in SUNSET SOCIETY