When the nominations for the 73rd annual Golden Globe Awards were announced, many people – us included – were a bit shocked by the inclusion of Lady Gaga for “American Horror Story: Hotel.” Since there’s no denying her “star power,” we could understand why the Hollywood Foreign Press Association would want her in attendance at this year’s event, but surely they wouldn’t snub such acting stalwarts as Kirsten Dunst and Felicity Huffman (along with co-nominees Sarah Hay and Queen Latifah) in favor of newcomer Gaga, would they?
Well, read on for the results and a hilarious video of what happened after the winner was announced.
Yes, the HFPA bestowed Lady Gaga with a Golden Globe for her first acting gig as The Countess in “AHS: Hotel,” but the best part is how Leonardo DiCaprio reacted to her bumping his arm on her way to the podium.
As for the other winners, visit GoldenGlobes.com. We say “Fargo” was robbed!
And as for “American Horror Story: Hotel,” don’t forget the finale airs this week. Here’s the ep’s preview.
“American Horror Story: Hotel” – Episode 5.12 – “Be Our Guest” (1/13/16)
Iris (Kathy Bates) and Liz (Denis O’Hare) oversee a new era at the Cortez. John (Wes Bentley) and Alex (Chloe Sevigny) struggle to adapt to life outside the hotel.
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Brennan Went to Film School: Whoops, I Went and Did a Queer Interpretation of PREDATOR
Filming Begins on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2
Exclusive: 7 SPLINTERS IN TIME Clip Doesn’t Know Who to Trust
Interview: Bailee Madison Talks Doing Her Own Stunts in THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT
Rob Zombie’s New 3 FROM HELL Image Wants to “Free Baby”
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials6 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News6 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL
News4 days ago
RKSS’ Nostalgia Thriller SUMMER OF ’84 Lands Summer of ’18 Release Date
Reviews4 days ago
ZOMBIE 3 Blu-ray Review – The Combined Might Of Three Italian Gorehounds Makes For One Insane Adventure