More often than not, I really wish I’d been born earlier and had the opportunity to see horror classics like Evil Dead on the big screen. Sure, Blu-ray is great and 1080p projectors excel at replicating the theatrical experience, but they miss the mark. It’s just that nothing really compares to seeing this stuff on the big screen with a packed audience of like-minded horror fans. But thanks to Grindhouse Releasing, I’ll soon be able to cross another one off my wish list.
Landmark Theatres will present director Sam Raimi’s 35mm print of Evil Dead at special midnight shows in Minneapolis, Denver, Seattle, New York, Houston, Dallas, and Los Angeles in the first quarter of 2010. If the film isn’t scheduled for release in your area, don’t fret, more dates are coming!
* January 8-9: Uptown Theatre, Minneapolis (Official Site)
* January 15-16: Esquire Theatre, Denver (Official Site)
* January 29-30: Sunshine Cinema, New York (Official Site)
* February 5-6: Egyptian Theatre, Seattle (Official Site)
* February 19-20: River Oaks Theatre, Houston (Official Site)
* February 26-27: Inwood, Dallas (Official Site)
* March 5: Nuart Theatre, Los Angeles (Official Site)
“We’ve had tremendous response to our announcement that EVIL DEAD has returned,” says David Szulkin, head of theatrical bookings for Grindhouse Releasing. “We want to show it in as many cities as we can, and encourage fans to contact us and petition their local theater to screen the movie.”
Endorsed by Raimi, producer Rob Tapert, and star/co-producer Bruce Campbell, Grindhouse Releasing’s reissue of EVIL DEAD will hit theaters across North America in the coming year.
For bookings and publicity, e-mail David Szulkin at email@example.com, and dig on the brand new theatrical poster below.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Watch the big screen in the Dread Central forums!