There’s a whole lot of excitement headed to the San Diego Comic-Con next week, including the hotly-anticipated public unveiling of Moon director Duncan Jones’ Warcraft, an adaptation of the World of Warcraft video games. We’ve got your first look today, so dig in!
The image comes courtesy of Entertainment Weekly, and on display in it is Robert Kazinsky (“True Blood”) as iconic character Orgrim Doomhammer. A sneak peek of the film will be shown off on Saturday, July 11th, in Hall H during the Legendary panel.
Set for release on June 10th, 2016, Warcraft also stars Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster, Toby Kebbell, and Dominic Cooper. The film is being described as an epic fantasy adventure.
Below you’ll find Warcraft‘s full character breakdown, along with the actors cast in each role.
- Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel) – The lead protagonist for the Alliance, Lothar is a war hero who has sacrificed everything to keep the people of Azeroth safe.
- King Llane Wrynn (Dominic Cooper) – King Llane is the leader of the Alliance city of Stormwind and a beacon of hope to its people in a time of darkness.
- Medivh (Ben Foster) – Known as “The Guardian,” Medivh is a mysterious and reclusive protector who wields formidable power.
- Khadgar (Ben Schnetzer) – Khadgar is a gifted young mage, embarking on a daring search for the truth.
- Lady Taria (Ruth Negga) – Taria is the royal Queen of Stormwind, King Llane’s great love and most trusted counsel.
- Garona (Paula Patton) – Caught between the Alliance and the Horde, Garona is a strong-willed survivor who must decide where her true loyalty lies.
- Durotan (Toby Kebbel) – The lead protagonist for the Horde, Durotan is the noble Chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan, battling to save his people and his family from extinction.
- Orgrim (Rob Kazinsky) – Orgrim is Durotan’s right hand and a brave warrior destined to wield the Doomhammer: a weapon of Orc legend.
- Blackhand (Clancy Brown) – Known as “The Destroyer,” Blackhand is one of Orc-kind’s most fearsome and titanic warchiefs.
- Gul’dan (Daniel Wu) – Gul’dan is a supreme Orc ruler, fueled by a dark magic that even he cannot control.