Yes, another Twilight-related story, but this one’s for a very good cause I promise.
Thanks to Home Media Magazine, we’ve learned that Blockbuster will be holding blood drives in select stores March 20, 2009, on the eve of the highly anticipated Blu-ray and DVD releases of Twilight from Summit Home Entertainment.
Customers will receive a pint of ice cream in exchange for donating a pint of blood, the Dallas-based No. 1 DVD rental company said in a statement. Hastings Entertainment is holding similar blood drives in conjunction with Twilight.
Below you’ll find an amusing video from “twilightluvr6″, who won the best video contest idea for the drive, and under that is a list of the stores that have signed up so far.
* Atlanta: 3944 Peachtree Road NE
* Austin: 2110 Slaughter Lane
* Boston: 342 Washington St., Weymouth
* Chicago: 2025 Lincoln Highway, Charles
* Cleveland: 7480 Broadview Road, Parma
* Dallas: 5649 Lebanon Road, Frisco
* Denver: 9871 Parker Road, Parker
* Houston: 588 Sawdust Road, Spring
* Los Angeles: 17945 Chatsworth St., Granada Hills
* Minneapolis: 1539 South Robert St., West St. Paul
* New York: 701 West Montauk Highway, Babylon
* Philadelphia: 1586 N. Kings Highway, Cherry Hill, N.J.
* Phoenix: 3141 South McClintock, Tempe
* Portland: 3955 Southeast Powell Blvd.
* Salt Lake City: 4095 S. Redwood Rd.
* San Francisco: 990 El Camino Real, Belmont
* Seattle: 10640 16th Ave. SW
* St. Louis: 8567 Watson Road, Webster Grove
* Tampa: 13610 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
* Washington, D.C.: 11325 Seven Locks Road, Potomac, Md.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Give till it hurts in the Dread Central forums!