One of the more interesting films to cross my path thus far this year is Daniel Myrick’s The Objective, which pits a group of Special Ops soldiers led by a CIA operative against a sort of “Bermuda Triangle of ancient evil” in the Afghan desert. Along with Blair Witch‘s Michael C. Williams and newcomer Jonas Bell, the cast includes a couple of real-deal military vets, which adds enormously to its authenticity.
Lucky for you guys, beginning today, the film will be available on IFC Movies On Demand. Operators that carry IFC Movies On Demand are as follows:
* Bright House (Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters)
* CableVision (Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters) or Ch. 508
* Charter (Ch. 1 /Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters)
* Comcast (Ch. 1 /Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters)
* Cox (Ch. 1 /Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters)
* Insight (Ch. 1 /Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters)
* Time Warner (Movies On Demand/IFC In Theaters)
In addition, The Objective will have exclusive midnight theatrical engagements at IFC Center in New York City this Friday and Saturday, Feb. 6th and 7th, at 12:20am (following day), and will open at LA’s Laemmle Sunset 5 on March 13th.
Uncle Creepy interviewed director Myrick earlier today, so keep it here for lots more on The Objective in the coming days.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Your mission, should you accept it, is to visit the Dread Central forums!