Due to the holidays and our server migration just after the first of the year, the Wrap-Up has been on a bit of a hiatus. Well, we’re back now — a year older but still bigger and badder than ever. Let’s take a look at what went down during the week of January 10-16, 2009.
- First up is Dark Reel – I can’t help it; I’ll always check out a flick with Eddie Furlong in it.
- Anthony Hickox impressed me with his Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat (review) along with a lot of other genre fare over the years. If you’re a fan also, don’t overlook the trailer for his upcoming Knife Edge.
- The worst poster of 2009 thus far has to be the latest one sheet for Outlander. Not that it detracts from my desire to see the film (especially after watching its most recent kickass trailer), but for Loki’s sake, give us a picture of a virile Viking or two, not the woodenly pensive Evil Caviezel.
- Luckily we have two other posters that overshadow Outlander‘s by bringing on the sick: Dead Snow, which even got some play in the mainstream media thanks to its presence at Sundance, and Grace — nothing says motherly love like a baby bottle full o’ blood. And just because you’re all so cute, we’ve also got a teaser clip from Grace for you. Cootchie-cootchie-coo! *pinches everyone’s cheeks*
- Calling your film by the same name as an abusive sexual practice is certain to generate attention for it. Whether or not the production is worthy of it is another matter. Watch our exclusive clip from Donkey Punch, and let us know what you think.
- Lastly, I’ve mentioned Joe Dante’s The Hole (in 3D!) a few times as being on this year’s “must see” list, and my appetite was whetted even further by the behind-the-scenes videos we got ahold of a few days ago.
One thing it’s impossible to get too much of is the Foywonder’s special way with words. And he’s the proud author of the Woman’s Story of the Week: Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus vs. Lorenzo Lamas vs. Debbie Gibson in 3D. C’mon — Do I even need to say any more? It’s fucking golden. We’ve got Lorenzo “You rocked in Falcon Crest” Lamas and Debbie “It’s Deborah now, asshole” Gibson in an Asylum flick about an enormous shark battling a gigantic octopus. IN 3D!! We have to wait until May to experience the epicness of it all, but rest assured neither Foy nor I will let you forget it’s coming!
Until next time …
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Discuss the week that was in the Dread Central forums!