FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Night Stalker
Zuni
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:38 pm  Reply with quote

One episode of the remake was enough for me. Give me the original series!!
vlad1967
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:09 am  Reply with quote

Loved the real Kolchak, the remake was horrid. Too bad that noone with a love of the original (or the genre, for that matter) seemed to be involved with it. I think it could have worked, had they used a bit of creativity.

Perhaps instead of a remake, it could have been a continuation of the original series. Kolchak's great niece could have found some of his papers after his death and become just as obsessed with his work as he was. Maybe she could have been played by someone a little edgey, like Fairuza Balk. She'd make a great Kolchak, if Kolchak was a hot brunette...

Okay, it's late, I've said too much already. G'night.

http://www.horror-web.com/
The Cryptkeeper
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:25 pm  Reply with quote

Great series!!!
shadogrrrl
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

vlad1967 wrote:

Perhaps instead of a remake, it could have been a continuation of the original series. Kolchak's great niece could have found some of his papers after his death and become just as obsessed with his work as he was. Maybe she could have been played by someone a little edgey, like Fairuza Balk. She'd make a great Kolchak, if Kolchak was a hot brunette...

I think that prob'ly woulda worked better for the series if they had done it that way. I'd have watched it.
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:03 pm  Reply with quote

shadogrrrl wrote:
vlad1967 wrote:

I think that prob'ly woulda worked better for the series if they had done it that way. I'd have watched it.

I agree I would have watched this if it was done this way...I still watched the remake one just in case but didn't care for it at all.
vlad1967
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:03 pm  Reply with quote

Geez, it's pretty sad when a late 30's blue-collar goon has better ideas than TV executives....or is it? Someone should e-mail the president of television about this!

http://www.horror-web.com/
Hans Von
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:33 am  Reply with quote

vlad1967 wrote:

This is a Great Idea Very Happy Damn , i wish i owned a TV Studio and the Rights to "The Night Stalker" !!
sangnoir7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:00 pm  Reply with quote

definitely. There are so many people out there with creative minds and no contacts. I've seen a lot of television shows that have been burned by TV studios for not being mainstream enough. Just sad really.
conundrum
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote

Original Kolchak = teh roXXorz.

The new one, from what I have seen, sucks. Every now and then I tune into Sci-Fi and think that I am watching an episode of "X-Files" from after I stopped watching and they had made all sorts of new characters. I have since found out that at least two of those times it was actually the new "Night Stalker."
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:50 pm  Reply with quote

I've been watching the show since I wait for Stargate to come on next, but it would have worked if they got rid of the female sidekick(we don't need another Scully). Stay away from copying the X-Files. I see Townsend going solo and not being so serious all the time. If only the creator didn't listen to ABC and showed monsters, I'm all for evil humans/mutants and all, but a vampire or werewolf wouldn't have hurt the remake.
shadogrrrl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:59 pm  Reply with quote

yeh, they coulda gone a long way if only they showed the monsters.
Desdinova
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:20 am  Reply with quote

horrorqueen85 wrote:
shadogrrrl wrote:
vlad1967 wrote:

I agree I would have watched this if it was done this way...I still watched the remake one just in case but didn't care for it at all.

Fairuza Balk as "Irina Kolchak." Brilliant !