FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra - New Trailer
Rob
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

I saw it yesterday. Snake Eyes was great...and that was pretty much it. The acting ranged from decent to downright painful. Channing Tatum probably gives one of the worst performances of the year as the lead, and his 'chemistry' with Sienna Miller didn't help matters either. And his delivery of the line "I'm gonna get you out of here!" made my fiancee lean over and whisper "Matt Damon!" Ironic also considering I thought Channing could learn a few acting lessons from Gary from Team America World Police.

The action delivered, but the shaky-cam got damn annoying more than once, but up until the fight between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow at the climax I was digging the movie more or less. But after that fight, the entire ending was a complete downslide into shit.

I also read on Bloody-Disgusting that they want Channing for Jackie in a live action The Darkness movie. As a fan of The Darkness, and after seeing GI Joe, I hope the movie never gets made unless he drops out or gets fired.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 am  Reply with quote

I don't think I'd trust anyone as jackie estacado, I just don't think a movie would do it jsutice. We'd just find ourselves with another ghost rider flop.