FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra - New Trailer
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:
Well maybe that's because i'm most likely alot younger then you guys(i'm 19 for those who care) but i also don't rewatch horror films cause I don't want to end up hating horror films that I remember loving,and no offense but I REALLY hope I never end up as picky about horror films as you guys are. Also now I kinda welcome the bad taste thing, cause I sorta like being the outcast of the forum now.

So it's a bad thing to actually care about the movies you watch?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
And that's where a lot of us are at. We still love the classics, older movies and independents but are disappointed time and again from the new Hollywood stuff.

Speak for yourself, I'm disappointed more often by the independent movies because I feel like people are so anti-hollywood that they heap praise constantly on the undeserving. I don't get disappointed by Hollywood's horror output because I either don't expect much from it, or I choose to see the ones I actually want to.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
arandomthought wrote:

I just am not one for the "haunting" or ghost movies. The ring just doesn't sit well with me. Now, I'm sure you can tear this little explanation apart, and by all means do.

Nothing wrong with that. I don't find possession/Satan movies to be scary at all. But not being into a genre and saying something is terrible because of it is a little extreme.

Quote:
I encourage you to. I just happen to get entertained by a mindless movie where as a great(in your opinion) movie just winds up boring me.

Again, there is a difference between mindless and stupid to the point where it's insulting. Friday the 13th is mindless. The Mummy films and Van Helsing fall into the latter.

It's not because it's part of the genre, it's that most movies within that genre feel lackluster to me.

The ring just seemed to fall right into place with everything else in the genre, and take what it wanted from the genre. I never get insulted by movies due to the fact that I never really expect anything good, or something that will just blow my mind. Most movies I watch, I watch once or twice, and never try to tear the thing apart because it will ruin the entire experience for me.

I'm slowly seeing more of what are considered "classics" and I see what it takes to put a movie together, as well as what it takes to create certain effects. I'm to the point where I am actually writing a movie myself, and since I'm going to have no budget myself, I know I'm not going to be able to do almost anything I want to, but if I had one, I would love to use practical effects because cg cheapens the feel for me. I've given up on anything being more then good. I think that may also be why I enjoy movies that, at some points they are insulting. It just doesn't bug me any more.

And cyber shark I'm 20. Age doesn't have a thing to do with your opinions, or maturity. Life experiences do.
cybershark
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:58 am  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:
Well maybe that's because i'm most likely alot younger then you guys(i'm 19 for those who care) but i also don't rewatch horror films cause I don't want to end up hating horror films that I remember loving,and no offense but I REALLY hope I never end up as picky about horror films as you guys are. Also now I kinda welcome the bad taste thing, cause I sorta like being the outcast of the forum now.

Uh, no I don't remember saying or implying that, I just don't want to end up having a negative opinion of films I liked before, That's all i'm saying, i still care about certain films, in fact it's because I care about them tha tI don't rewatch them, cause I don't want my fond memories of them to become tainted. I know that probably dosen't make much sense but that's just how I am.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

cybershark wrote:
cybershark wrote:

Uh, no I don't remember saying or implying that, I just don't want to end up having a negative opinion of films I liked before, That's all i'm saying, i still care about certain films, in fact it's because I care about them tha tI don't rewatch them, cause I don't want my fond memories of them to become tainted. I know that probably dosen't make much sense but that's just how I am.

Yo dude, don't use your age as an excuse. I'm only a year older than you and I'm the same way (picky) with my horror films.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:31 am  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:

Uh, no I don't remember saying or implying that, I just don't want to end up having a negative opinion of films I liked before, That's all i'm saying, i still care about certain films, in fact it's because I care about them tha tI don't rewatch them, cause I don't want my fond memories of them to become tainted. I know that probably dosen't make much sense but that's just how I am.[/quote]

Why wouldn't you want a negative opinion of a movie you liked before? How's does this affect you at all? If anything it shows that your palate has grown which is nothing but a good thing.

Not rewatching movie because you're afraid you like it as much is kind of dumb. Some movies improve with multiple viewings, others show their flaws. That's one of the many things that separates to good and great movies from the mediocre and bad.
cybershark
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 pm  Reply with quote

I don't give a shit about my pallate growing, I like mine fine just the way it is now, I cetianly hope I never havetaste like yours, no offense. I don't see what the fuck is wrong with not wanting to have a negative opinion of films I currently like, i'm not afraid or anything, It's just a personal preference of mine as I don't rewatch a whole lot of films in general.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:
I don't give a shit about my pallate growing, I like mine fine just the way it is now,

I'll say it...Then you're an idiot.
cybershark
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:47 pm  Reply with quote

Oh, i'm an idot just cause I don't like rewatching horror films, you're really fuckin stupid If you think that Laughing Rolling Eyes And anyways why the fuck do you even care if I rewatch them or not? What the hell is it to you? Confused
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:
Oh, i'm an idot just cause I don't like rewatching horror films, you're really fuckin stupid If you think that Laughing Rolling Eyes And anyways why the fuck do you even care if I rewatch them or not? What the hell is it to you? Confused

I think he's trying to say he cares for you Shocked

Anyways, I don't get why you don't rewatch them either. It's a good test of whether your taste has grown at all. I know if I saw a couple movies I was dissapointed in, about 5 years ago, I would've loved them.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:

No, you're an idiot because you're so narrow minded that you don't want to broaden your taste palate. What it is to me is that I have a low tolerance for that kind of ignorance. And since you post your opinions here, I am free to post mine.
cybershark
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:48 pm  Reply with quote

This has to the dumbest fuckin argument ever, bottom line, why the fuck do any of you care whether I rewatch films or not? What fuckin difference does it make for you? Not wanting to rewatch something does not make someone narrow-minded, it's just a personal preference that's it, nothing mroe nothing less, I don't really get what the big deal about having my tsates "grow" is anyways, Why should I want them to if I like them the way they are now? It dosen't make a goddamn lick of sense to me Confused Just cause I happen to like a few films that alot of other people hate does NOT mean that my tastes need to mature or any of that bullshit Rolling Eyes Saying that just means you have WAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much free time on your hands Laughing
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:47 am  Reply with quote

Let me say this again. I don't speak retard so I'll just have to dumb it down as much as I possibly can.

I don't care if you rewatch movies. I don't care what your viewing habbits are. I was pointing out the stupidity of not wanting to watch movies again in fear of not liking them. I was pointing out the stupidity of actually WANTING to be ignorant about quality movies. Being willfully ignorant is incredibly stupid. Do you get it? Do I need to draw pictures in crayon?

And yes, not wanting your taste to expand and grow is incredibly narrow-minded.

narrow-minded
not receptive to new ideas; having a closed mind.
cybershark
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:53 am  Reply with quote

Well , I can definitely who the real moron of this forum is, if you obsess over thing slike this, then must be a real fuckin loser! Laughing Man, and anyways even if by your standards i'm narrow-minded, why the fuck does it bother you so much? Why do you even care if I don't feel like rewatching films, is it your personal mission to try and convert people to have the same tastes in film as you do? Or are you just doing this cause you don't have anything better to do then get on people's backs for something really stupid and insignificant? And i'm the moron Rolling Eyes Yeah whatever cocksucker! Annoyed Try not to drown in your own bullshit!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:35 am  Reply with quote

cybershark wrote:
Well , I can definitely who the real moron of this forum is, if you obsess over thing slike this, then must be a real fuckin loser! Laughing Man, and anyways even if by your standards i'm narrow-minded, why the fuck does it bother you so much? Why do you even care if I don't feel like rewatching films, is it your personal mission to try and convert people to have the same tastes in film as you do? Or are you just doing this cause you don't have anything better to do then get on people's backs for something really stupid and insignificant? And i'm the moron Rolling Eyes Yeah whatever cocksucker! Annoyed Try not to drown in your own bullshit!

Obsess? You do realize that it takes nothing more than minutes to respond to you, right? What makes you think it bothers me? Because I think you're an idiot and say so? Believe me, that's not a bother.

And yes, it is my personal mission. How did you guess? Was it all the specific films I mention and then said you should like them? Oh wait, that didn't happen. Well, it must be because I said a movie sucks and you have shit taste for liking a terrible movie. There are plenty of people that do agree, so that can't be it. No, it's you making things up because that's the best you can do.

And again, fuckstick, I don't care that you don't rewatch movies. But if you're going to post something on a public forum, and I think it's dumb, or brilliant, should such a rare occasion arise, I will say so.

See, what we have here is you not liking anyone saying something negative about you so you try to defend yourself in the most imbecilic of ways.