Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> April 17 - Repo! The Genetic Opera
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:18 am  Reply with quote

RustyMuffler wrote:
Gory wrote:
Boo Lionsgate.

Yay Twisted.

No shit! I'm still trying to hook up on an official copy of the deluxe edition soundtrack. They in conjunction with Hot Topic managed to cock that up, too.
I was surprised I found one pretty easily. I didn't even know there was a Hot Topic at the mall near me. I called the weekend after it came out and they had a copy. I still don't understand why Lionsgate made it only through Hot Topic. That's where they make fake vampires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:19 am  Reply with quote

Do you have the bluray, Gory? I appreciated the extra shit that they put on there.
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:20 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:
Gory wrote:
Boo Lionsgate.

Yay Twisted.

No shit! I'm still trying to hook up on an official copy of the deluxe edition soundtrack. They in conjunction with Hot Topic managed to cock that up, too.
I was surprised I found one pretty easily. I didn't even know there was a Hot Topic at the mall near me. I called the weekend after it came out and they had a copy. I still don't understand why Lionsgate made it only through Hot Topic. That's where they make fake vampires.

I thought they made those in Salt Lake City? I hear they sparkle.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:20 am  Reply with quote

This opening song was not going to be done since they ran out of time and money but between two scenes Darren,m the director grabbed the DP and a camera and had Terrence do the song in one take. Months after they finished filming they went back and shot the footage of the girl and Repo Man who is played by Terrence for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:21 am  Reply with quote

RustyMuffler wrote:
Do you have the bluray, Gory? I appreciated the extra shit that they put on there.
I do. It was my deciding factor in getting my BR player. I was debating since I didn't want to spend the money but Best Buy had a good financing offer. I said if they have Repo on BR I'll get a PS3. They did. Laughing
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 am  Reply with quote

ok things are working now where are we?
RustyMuffler

Gory wrote:
This opening song was not going to be done since they ran out of time and money but between two scenes Darren,m the director grabbed the DP and a camera and had Terrence do the song in one take. Months after they finished filming they went back and shot the footage of the girl and Repo Man who is played by Terrence for that.

It's great to hear how much Darren and co. cribbed off of the Saw IV & V sets for this flick in order to get it in on budget.
RustyMuffler

YAY!!! PAVI!!!!
Gory

I did a promo video for the group doing the shadowcast here. So between me watching it on my own, watching it to get ideas for the promo video, and doing the shadowcast I have been knee deep in Repo for the last 6 weeks. Laughing
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:23 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Shilo just got at the grave.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:23 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
I did a promo video for the group doing the shadowcast here. So between me watching it on my own, watching it to get ideas for the promo video, and doing the shadowcast I have been knee deep in Repo for the last 6 weeks. Laughing

worse things to be knee deep in
RustyMuffler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
RustyMuffler wrote:
I do. It was my deciding factor in getting my BR player. I was debating since I didn't want to spend the money but Best Buy had a good financing offer. I said if they have Repo on BR I'll get a PS3. They did. Laughing

Nice. I grabbed one on the way up to St. Louis. It actually came out the same day as that stop on the Road Tour. Got all of them to sign that, too.
Gory

RustyMuffler wrote:
Gory wrote:

It's great to hear how much Darren and co. cribbed off of the Saw IV & V sets for this flick in order to get it in on budget.
The amount of effort they put into this film just makes me appreciate it more. I'm still surprised this film was made for $8 million.
Gory

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

worse things to be knee deep in
I've been loving every minute of it.
ImTheMoon

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Shilo just got at the grave.

which song?