FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> X-Men Origins: Wolverine Has Been Leaked Online (NO JOKE)
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:26 am  Reply with quote

The film will be released May 1st. I'm curious to see how much this hurts its box office potential.

And no, this is not an April Fool's joke.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a151455/x-men-origins-wolverine-leaks-online.html

Quote:
'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' leaks online

Wednesday, April 1 2009, 6:25am EDT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor
'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' leaks online

A workprint of X-Men Origins: Wolverine has allegedly leaked online.

Pirated copies of the superhero prequel have surfaced across torrent websites a month before the movie is due for release in theatres.

The bootleg is purportedly a DVD quality video of the 20th Century Fox blockbuster without a timecode or studio watermark, but with several visual effects shots unfinished.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, directed by Gavin Hood, sees Hugh Jackman return to the role of the adamantium-clawed mutant. The movie centres on the eponymous anti-hero's quest for revenge after his girlfriend is murdered by Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber).

Wolverine will arrive in UK cinemas on April 29.

Jim_McD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 pm  Reply with quote

I don't think it'll be a big deal. A lot of people won't bother with something that has no score and a lot of missing effects. I'm skipping it. Then again I'm not really looking forward to it either.
goblin310
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:47 am  Reply with quote

Its not very good... and CG and aand score arent going to save this one
arandomthought
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

Jim_McD wrote:
I don't think it'll be a big deal. A lot of people won't bother with something that has no score and a lot of missing effects. I'm skipping it. Then again I'm not really looking forward to it either.

I'd check it out to see if it's even close to being worth my $8. I don't feel safe just seeing movies in theatres anymore because of the recent slam of crap we've been getting. I'm also extremely curious as to what's going to happen with deadpool. He better get burned bad, or I'm going to be pissed.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:16 pm  Reply with quote

I tried watching it but the missing FX turned me off so I turned it off.
Aghora Eats Kittens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

I watched it...missing ffects didn't bug me. In fact I liked seeing the unfinished product.

However...the overall prduct is pretty much crap. Not X men 3 crap. But the more I think about it the worse the film becomes. The addition of Gambit was just stupid.
www.myspace.com/mesqua
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:59 am  Reply with quote

Once again, Roger Ebert knocks it out of the park.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090429/REVIEWS/904299978

Quote:
At least, you hope, he has an interesting vulnerability? I'm sure X-Men scholars can tell you what it is, although since he has the gift of instant healing, it's hard to pinpoint. When a man can leap from an exploding truck, cling to an attacking helicopter, slice the rotor blades, ride it to the ground, leap free and walk away (in that ancient cliche where there's a fiery explosion behind him but he doesn't seem to notice it), here's what I think: Why should I care about this guy? He feels no pain and nothing can kill him, so therefore he's essentially a story device for action sequences.

Quote:
Such films are assemblies of events. There is little dialogue, except for the snarling of threats, vows and laments, and the recitation of essential plot points. Nothing here about human nature. No personalities beyond those hauled in via typecasting. No lessons to learn. No joy to be experienced. Just mayhem, noise and pretty pictures. I have been powerfully impressed by film versions of Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Iron Man and the Iron Giant. I wouldn't even walk across the street to meet Wolverine.

But wait! -- you say. Doesn't "X-Men Origins" at least provide a learning experience for Logan about the origins of Wolverine? Hollow laugh. Because we know that the modern Wolverine has a form of amnesia, it cannot be a spoiler for me to reveal that at the end of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," he forgets everything that has happened in the film. Lucky man.

frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

Like I've always said- Wolverine is the Superman of Marvel. No threat or eminent danger equals no tension or concern for our beloved hero and that my friends equals indifference. If Batman or Spider-Man are trapped in a nuclear power plant that's ready to explode I'll buy next moth's issue to see how (or if!) they escape. If it was Wolverine? Eh, who cares, he'll be fine.
Nomad
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24828

my review on a-f if yer interested
Cartoon Autopsy
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

For some reason I want to play the game a whole hell of a lot more than see the movie. An M-rated X-men game? I'm all there.

And they are already talking about the possiblity of a sequel for this thing...
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:35 pm  Reply with quote

Nomad wrote:
http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24828

my review on a-f if yer interested

Pretyt much what I expected. My buddy wants to go check it out, so I might tag along. I've seen so many good movies lately (Burrowers, Laid to Rest, etc...) that I feel my fragile mental condition can handle a mediocre summer movie. As long as it's better than X3, my neighbors and their pets will be just fine. Twisted Evil
Rob
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:44 am  Reply with quote

Saw it. It sucks. Not as bad as Ghost Rider though, which is still Marvel's Batman & Robin to me.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:39 am  Reply with quote

Why Having Wolverine's Claws Would Suck

http://www.cracked.com/video_17328_why-having-wolverines-claws-would-suck.html

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:06 am  Reply with quote

I'm so tempted to see this even though I've read that it's absolutely laughable.

On a seperate note, the game is actually fuckin' badass.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:40 pm  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
I'm so tempted to see this even though I've read that it's absolutely laughable.

On a seperate note, the game is actually fuckin' badass.

It's good if you're looking for mindless action. Deadpool pissed me off to no end though. He is by far my favorite beyond anyone else in the xmen movies, and the way they did him was just so dissapointing.