FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Dead Rising 2
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 641
Location: Illinois

This was posted on youtube. Discuss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d87f8pqEsU8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:16 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

It's a weird way to launch a trailer, but if it's real (and current thought is that it's real) it looks promising. Vegas (or a Vegas-like city) would be a good locale for a Dead Rising scenario. Now I just hope they fix the broken game format from the first. ('Hey, our game is so good lets make it so that a player has to go through the same game 30 or 40 times to level up enough to actually finish the story!')
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

I hope it has online multiplayer. It would be great to drop in a buddies' game and crack heads for a bit, like Mercenaries 2.
I wouldn't call the game format broken, Dark. Sure it was a little confusing at first and you couldn't see everything on a single game, but that's what kept sucking me back in. When you think about it, it really is a simple, shallow game, and they needed something to liven it up a bit. If it had regular save slots and no timer, people would have abused that and see everything by reloading and power leveling.
It's still one of my favorite games, and a sequel can't come soon enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

Do I still get to run around in nothing but boxer shorts? If yes, ZOMG, otherwise, NOMG.

I still DESIRE an sandbox zombie game, with infinitely respawning undead and thematic human gangs making a mess of things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Spaceshark wrote:
I still DESIRE an sandbox zombie game, with infinitely respawning undead and thematic human gangs making a mess of things.

Yup, I still desire Dead Rush too. Bummer it got canned, but maybe someone will make a game like it in the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDamnedThing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:47 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 60

Here's hoping it doesn't suck as bad as the first one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STR8EVIL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 20

Mr. Dark wrote:
It's a weird way to launch a trailer, but if it's real (and current thought is that it's real) it looks promising. Vegas (or a Vegas-like city) would be a good locale for a Dead Rising scenario. Now I just hope they fix the broken game format from the first. ('Hey, our game is so good lets make it so that a player has to go through the same game 30 or 40 times to level up enough to actually finish the story!')



Agreed, I got tired of leveling up really fast. Also, far, far, FAR too many escort missions. If they change that around a bit, I'd give it a shot.

The only thing I regret about giving up on this game was not sticking the pipe with the showerhead into a zombie's skull and then the blood/gore came out of the showerhead. Saw that in a screenshot. It may not have been in the final game for all I know, but I thought it was funny.
_________________
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorrorDj
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:50 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 352
Location: Illinois

STR8EVIL wrote:
Mr. Dark wrote:
It's a weird way to launch a trailer, but if it's real (and current thought is that it's real) it looks promising. Vegas (or a Vegas-like city) would be a good locale for a Dead Rising scenario. Now I just hope they fix the broken game format from the first. ('Hey, our game is so good lets make it so that a player has to go through the same game 30 or 40 times to level up enough to actually finish the story!')



Agreed, I got tired of leveling up really fast. Also, far, far, FAR too many escort missions. If they change that around a bit, I'd give it a shot.

The only thing I regret about giving up on this game was not sticking the pipe with the showerhead into a zombie's skull and then the blood/gore came out of the showerhead. Saw that in a screenshot. It may not have been in the final game for all I know, but I thought it was funny.

No it was in there. Pretty funny, and a one hit kill... but only lasted for the one hit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:33 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Hmmm...I was at level 50 at the end of one play through.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

No one has mentioned the possibility of Zombie strippers yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STR8EVIL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 20

Spaceshark wrote:
No one has mentioned the possibility of Zombie strippers yet.


Quite frankly, I was afraid I'd jinx the very possibility by mentioning it.

If it gets released with no zombie strippers, but then we learn later on they had intedned to put them in, I will lay all blame at your feet, Mr. Spaceshark. Wink
_________________
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:05 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

In that case, I won't even bring up Jenna Jameson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1985
Location: East Coast, bitches

Mr. Dark wrote:
It's a weird way to launch a trailer, but if it's real (and current thought is that it's real) it looks promising. Vegas (or a Vegas-like city) would be a good locale for a Dead Rising scenario. Now I just hope they fix the broken game format from the first. ('Hey, our game is so good lets make it so that a player has to go through the same game 30 or 40 times to level up enough to actually finish the story!')


And indeed it is set in a Vegas-like envorinment; http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/first-dead-rising-sequel-details

What I'd like to know is WHY I'm just now seeing this? Mr. Dark?!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mdamien13
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:02 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 76
Location: Arizona

So what's the verdict? Has anyone picked this up yet? I thought the first one had potential, but was too repetitive and tedious to work, so I'm waiting for word of mouth on this one before picking it up.
_________________
"They call me a killer because I shed innocent blood. What is innocent blood for, I ask, if not for shedding?" - Candyman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:08 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

Creepy has the review covered, I believe, so look for a verdict from him soon. Early word from him is zombie killing goodness.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Fistful of Joystick

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum