FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Rescue Me season 3
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:37 am  Reply with quote

The season has been just amazing thus far, tonight's episode alone between the stuff with Lou, Tommy/Garrity/Maggie, Tommy/Janet/Johnny, Tommy/the plastic cup Laughing Probie and his "not gay" room mate, so much goodness all around.
gprime
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:20 am  Reply with quote

I totally agree. As far as non-animated shows go, this is definitely the best of them. Even their worst episodes are better than 99.999% of all TV programming. Now I just need to get around to picking up the dvd sets, since the first two seasons are out now.
Red VonMunster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

For some reason I have never gotten around to watching this series; even though I love Dennis Leary.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

You're missing out, Red. Definitely the best thing going this time of year along with Entourage.
gprime
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
You're missing out, Red. Definitely the best thing going this time of year along with Entourage.

Shocked You and I are in total agreement on something.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:29 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Laughing

Of course we do, we're in the same tribe, silly! Wink
Aaron Krueger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

Red VonMunster wrote:
For some reason I have never gotten around to watching this series; even though I love Dennis Leary.

Same here. Leary is without a doubt,one of the best comedians out there.I really wanna start watching it because it looks to be a breakout hit.
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:14 am  Reply with quote

I fucking love this show. I need to get season 2 on dvd, I already have season 1.
I keep the country clean.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:49 am  Reply with quote

Electric-Eye wrote:
I fucking love this show. I need to get season 2 on dvd, I already have season 1.

ditto, just finished re-watching season 1 the other day, need to get 2 NOW!
Bobby_Bedlam
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:54 pm  Reply with quote

So, is Probie gay or what? That scenario where he gets into fight with his roomate reminded me of the 'tent scene' in Brokeback Mountain.
Miss Wormwood
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:17 pm  Reply with quote

Bobby_Bedlam wrote:
So, is Probie gay or what? That scenario where he gets into fight with his roomate reminded me of the 'tent scene' in Brokeback Mountain.

I think he's too stupid to realize that it's not enough for hetero guys to be hetero, they're also supposed to bend over backward to prove they're not gay. It seems like most of the straight dude messages our culture shoves down guys throats have completely sailed over his head, hence the fat chick, the old chick, and the hanging out with gay guys at the end of season 2. But who knows, maybe he is gay. I wouldn't mind watching him hook up with an equally hot guy. My big problem with Brokeback Mountain was that Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger aren't hot enough for me to want to watch them swap spit. It should've been, I dunno, Damian Lewis and Timothy Olyphant. Now that I could get into.

I don't have fx so I have to wait for season 3 to come out on DVD. I just finished season 2, and man, what a depressing finale. Every single subplot ends on a shitty note, and now I have to wait until next year to see if things pick up.

In the meantime I'd love to punch Janet in the fucking face for how she's treating Tommy after what happened to their kid. I seriously wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle the selfish bitch.
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:56 am  Reply with quote

Best series on tv right now. This and 4400 are the only shows I watch. I tried HEX but it didn't anything for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bobby_Bedlam
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

Miss Wormwood wrote:
Bobby_Bedlam wrote:

I think he's too stupid to realize that it's not enough for hetero guys to be hetero, they're also supposed to bend over backward to prove they're not gay. It seems like most of the straight dude messages our culture shoves down guys throats have completely sailed over his head, hence the fat chick, the old chick, and the hanging out with gay guys at the end of season 2. But who knows, maybe he is gay. I wouldn't mind watching him hook up with an equally hot guy. My big problem with Brokeback Mountain was that Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger aren't hot enough for me to want to watch them swap spit. It should've been, I dunno, Damian Lewis and Timothy Olyphant. Now that I could get into.

I don't have fx so I have to wait for season 3 to come out on DVD. I just finished season 2, and man, what a depressing finale. Every single subplot ends on a shitty note, and now I have to wait until next year to see if things pick up.

In the meantime I'd love to punch Janet in the fucking face for how she's treating Tommy after what happened to their kid. I seriously wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle the selfish bitch.

If you wanted to punch her face at the end of season 2, then you're going to want to straight up run her ass over once you get season 3. Twisted Evil
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

So, I've read some negative things about the "rape" scene from a few weeks ago. To me, it was perfectly fitting of the characters -- both for Tommy to do it and for Janet to wind up rather enjoying it. Couples that have been together that long and gone through as much as those two have tend to play those kinds of games. It was 100% believable and certainly non-offensive. Anybody else have an opinion?
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:15 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

All right, so no one cared about the rape scene. But surely the "Sean of the Dead" episode will generate a response. That was some damn funny shit!