FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds - In Theaters Augus
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

Location: Munyeca. Yo te ciaro. Yo te ciaro Ohio. Muy bonito.

corpse_grinder99 wrote:
Nobodaddy wrote:
It's not a remake. Not even close. He just really liked that title...

I disagree with that to an extent. He took the name and part of the premise of the original.

Other then being a World War II set men on a mission film (partially), it has very little to do with Inglorious Bastards. If QT had stuck to the story he has been rattling on about for years, you would be correct. But he's not. Somewhere along the way he saw Black Book and decided that would be a marvelous idea for a film...
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:42 pm  Reply with quote

Here's the teaser trailer.

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/11990378

I'll of course see this but did anyone get a "Springtime For Hitler" vibe from that little bit of Hitler in the trailer?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:29 pm  Reply with quote

I'll see it cuz I'm a Tarantino fanboy, but I wasn't impressed.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:41 pm  Reply with quote

What...the...fuck? As big a Tarantino fan as I am, I am going to pass on this one. That teaser trailer was stupid beyond belief.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:32 am  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
What...the...fuck? As big a Tarantino fan as I am, I am going to pass on this one. That teaser trailer was stupid beyond belief.

Yeah, I'll pass too. Unless, of course, we start seeing great reviews of it. Don't hold your breath.
bart138
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:42 am  Reply with quote

It's beginning to seem more and more likely that the guy who directed Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown died and was replaced by a lookalike at some point.
TheDamnedThing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 am  Reply with quote

bart138 wrote:
It's beginning to seem more and more likely that the guy who directed Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown died and was replaced by a lookalike at some point.

Tarantino was always a bad joke waiting to be exposed. The frustrating thing is that no matter how shitty his upcoming movies may be, all of his fanboys will swoon over them and insist they're modern classics.
bart138
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:20 am  Reply with quote

TheDamnedThing wrote:
bart138 wrote:

Tarantino was always a bad joke waiting to be exposed. The frustrating thing is that no matter how shitty his upcoming movies may be, all of his fanboys will swoon over them and insist they're modern classics.

Jackie Brown is in the running for my favorite film of the 90s, and both of his previous movies were fantastic. I liked Kill Bill as an amusing aside, but I thought he'd then get back to films that didn't seem to be cooked up by the crew of AICN at an IHOP after a massive clambake session. I'm still waiting.
Gus Bjork
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:20 am  Reply with quote

bart138 wrote:

Sooner or later cocaine starts to backfire.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:23 am  Reply with quote

It's pretty pathetic that Brad Pitt is essentially rehashing his character from Kalifornia. I wonder if we'll get to see him digging holes in the nude again?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 am  Reply with quote

bart138 wrote:
TheDamnedThing wrote:
bart138 wrote:

Jackie Brown is in the running for my favorite film of the 90s, and both of his previous movies were fantastic. I liked Kill Bill as an amusing aside, but I thought he'd then get back to films that didn't seem to be cooked up by the crew of AICN at an IHOP after a massive clambake session. I'm still waiting.

Jackie Brown is my second favourite film of all-time, preceded only by Altman's The Player. So I agree with that. I actually LOVE Kill Bill vol 1, vol 2 not so much...Liked Death Proof a lot. This one just doesn't feel right to me for some reason...Could be wrong though.
bart138
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
bart138 wrote:
TheDamnedThing wrote:
bart138 wrote:

Jackie Brown is my second favourite film of all-time, preceded only by Altman's The Player. So I agree with that. I actually LOVE Kill Bill vol 1, vol 2 not so much...Liked Death Proof a lot. This one just doesn't feel right to me for some reason...Could be wrong though.

I would be glad to eat my words if it turns out to be great, or even good. But yeah, even though I haven't really loved anything he's done since JB, this one seems especially suspect.
bart138
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:44 pm  Reply with quote

Gus Bjork wrote:
bart138 wrote:

You know you've done way too much drugs when it sounds like a good idea to give Brad Pitt a part that requires an accent.
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm  Reply with quote

Location: Munyeca. Yo te ciaro. Yo te ciaro Ohio. Muy bonito.

Gus Bjork wrote:
bart138 wrote:

One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Tsotha-lanti
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

bart138 wrote:
Gus Bjork wrote:
bart138 wrote:

You know you've done way too much drugs when it sounds like a good idea to give Brad Pitt a part that requires an accent.

I guess you've never seen Snatch. Razz

As for the Inglourious Basterds trailer, it looks surprisingly X-TREME for a Tarantino flick.
I've got a wheel inside my head,
The wheel of understanding!