FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> LOST season 5
goblin310
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Posts: 131

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
You're an asshole. Seriously. Most people have the courtesy of posting SPOILER WARNINGS before blurting out something like that. Thanks, douche.


Myer's Son wrote:
I agree.
I've notice some who post have DVR's and don't watch it on the day it comes on, so to be fair it would be nice to put a spoiler warning.


I apologize guys... I was just so mad about it I wasn't even thinking... I truely am sorry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 73

[/quote]
I apologize guys... I was just so mad about it I wasn't even thinking... I truely am sorry[/quote]

I understand you, I wasn't as mad as you, I was more in shock. But just like Little Ben a few episodes ago, maybe he really isn't....dead!
_________________
I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:22 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

To be the devil's advocate: if you see a new post after 10pm eastern on Weds, expect the discussion to be about the most recent episode. I've avoided this thread many times when I wasn't caught up on the episodes.

That said, this episode and the episode 2 weeks ago, make we realize how the Writer's Strike effected the series. Last Season we were to get more episodes centralizing on the Freighter crew, therefore giving us much more of them to learn about. We never did get a good backstory on Charlotte or Lepidus. I wish we could of gotten more from Daniel, especially his time in Ann Arbor and what he may have learned there.

I'm starting to dread the show entering the typical time-travel paradox that can always drag down a story with plot holes and illogical explanations. But I think Daniel's idea about using Jughead to destroy the power source is a red herring, because it is obvious if you have been following the series that something more then mere coincidence had all of these people on Oceanic 815. There was a reason they were on that plane, a reason they were brought to the island. It's not just because Desmond didn't push the button.

When Jacob finally shows up, they'll figure it out.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

I came here because I actually haven't encountered a spoiler like that in this thread because people respect the plot twist nature of this show. Then I saw that and was pissed. See, I'm in LA right now so it's a 3 hour time difference...That and I have to watch the show on the internet because I currently don't have cable.

ANYWAY, it was a great episode.

As for your theory, I think that there is going to be a war between Linus and Widmore and the Losties are going to have to choose sides. What I don't like is that we're spending so much time with the group in the past that I want to see what's going on with Locke and Sun in the present. And with only one or two more episode this season (going by the initial plan for 16 episodes per season) I feel like it's going to be rushed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:39 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

So, anyway, it seems pretty clear that this is the string of events that leads to the Dharma Initiative to be shot by the Others. I wonder if any of the Losties will end up in that pit.

One of my favourite moments of the episode was Juliette's reaction to Sawyer calling Kate "Freckles".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:25 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Didn't See It Coming wrote:

As for your theory, I think that there is going to be a war between Linus and Widmore and the Losties are going to have to choose sides. What I don't like is that we're spending so much time with the group in the past that I want to see what's going on with Locke and Sun in the present. And with only one or two more episode this season (going by the initial plan for 16 episodes per season) I feel like it's going to be rushed.


I am beginning to believe that the oncoming war referred to by Widmore is not between him and Linus. I think what's between Widmore and Linus is a rivalry for control of that side of the war. The war in question is between the Island and another force all together which I think is represented by whatever the Dharma Initiative actually is and the "what lies in the shadow of the statue" individuals who could be tied into the Dharma group.

I foresee a new alliance between Widmore and Linus based on the new direction Ben's character is taking. He never claimed his vengence on Widmore by killing Penny and he finally came to terms with his responsibility for Alex's death. He is now on that familiar road to redemption that all the others who have come to the island have been on. Redemption is a dominant theme in this show.

I too have grown a bit tired of the 1977 plot line. It's kind of dragging and it really makes no sense to me that Jack was so quick to just "lie low" like Sawyer told him do. I mean: holy shit! you're back on the island. Holy shit! it's 1977. Where the hell is Sun what happened to Sayid? It really looks like they're just going through the motions and no character is motivated to get to the bottom of things. Well, not until Daniel showed back up and look what happened to him.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
David
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:14 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 164
Location: East of Peace River

EvilRex wrote:
I too have grown a bit tired of the 1977 plot line. It's kind of dragging and it really makes no sense to me that Jack was so quick to just "lie low" like Sawyer told him do. I mean: holy shit! you're back on the island. Holy shit! it's 1977. Where the hell is Sun what happened to Sayid? It really looks like they're just going through the motions and no character is motivated to get to the bottom of things. Well, not until Daniel showed back up and look what happened to him.


Yeah, Jack has been lying so low this season that he was becoming a different character. It was nice to see him start shooting up the place last episode! My one gripe about this show is that no one will ask a follow up question. Whenever someone says something cryptic the characters accept it and I know it's being saved for a future flashback. Also, why is it that no one except Ben's father seems to know or care that he has dissapeared? We are still about ten years from seeing the end of the Dharma Initiative in the pit, aren't we?

I'm sure we'll see more of Faraday in an Elloise flashback. What could have made his mother send him to his doom? We have no info about what made Faraday think they could change the future. Everything shown so far makes me think that whatever they do with Jughead will end up causing the incident.
_________________
His friend demanding what scarlet was, the blind man answered: It was like the sound of a trumpet. - John Locke, Human Understanding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:20 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

First of all, Jack is a changed man. Defeated. He wanted nothing more than to get off that island and when he does he's pushed to the brink of suicide. Jack "laying low" is him accepting all the insanity and impossible he's seen and allowing it to happen. This change in character has been going on for 2 seasons.

Faraday said exactly why he thought he change things. The variables which are that Jack, Hurely and Kate are back when they shouldn't be. Thats what he believes but I'd bet good money that we're going to see that these people being there, in that time was always supposed to happen. Faraday was right the first time.

Shit, even Desmond couldn't change anything because fate always righted the path. Charlie was supposed to die. No matter what. But Desmond was fated to prolong it as long as he did specifically so they could be warned.

I do agree about Sayid and Sun and Locke. Where the hell are they?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:23 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Oh, and I think the war is going to be between faith and science.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:22 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 3690
Location: Chicago, Illinois

I really hope they don't have a "we can change the future" because that makes no sense... if they do stop the accident from occuring and they never crash there, well, then they never go back in the past to prevent it from happening and therefore they crash.

Farraday went to change the future and, in doing so, fullfilled his own destiny that his mother knew awaited him... which, god damn, is a pretty heartbreaking thing.

any attempt to prevent the accident will MOST likely CREATE the accident... and maybe Farraday knew this and was merely manipulating them into their own particular destinies.

Sayid thought he could change things by shooting Ben, but merely put him more firmly into the hands of the Others and setting him on HIS destiny.

Everyone still has free will in their own respective presents, but knowing certain facts about the future does not enable them to change it... hell, every attempt to is showing them that their action or non-actions are creating that future exactly they way they experienced it in their own relative "past"
_________________
mods, kindly delete my account
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

Only Desmond can change the future. Faraday tried and he paid for it.

Everything that Jack & Co are trying right now is just part of what already happened...so they'll most likely wind up back in the present with only a few more casualties to show for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:08 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

EvilRex wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:

As for your theory, I think that there is going to be a war between Linus and Widmore and the Losties are going to have to choose sides. What I don't like is that we're spending so much time with the group in the past that I want to see what's going on with Locke and Sun in the present. And with only one or two more episode this season (going by the initial plan for 16 episodes per season) I feel like it's going to be rushed.


I am beginning to believe that the oncoming war referred to by Widmore is not between him and Linus. I think what's between Widmore and Linus is a rivalry for control of that side of the war. The war in question is between the Island and another force all together which I think is represented by whatever the Dharma Initiative actually is and the "what lies in the shadow of the statue" individuals who could be tied into the Dharma group.


I have been thinking that too, except that it seems too rushed. Introducing another side to the fight at the tail end of the show? I had been thinking that maybe they were Eloise's troops but now I doubt it. So now it looks like it might be the return of Dharma, because everything seems to point that the entire thing with Ben, Widmore, and Locke is nothing more than an internal power struggle for the Others, not a war.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:56 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Last nights episode was the best episode this season.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:42 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

I disagree. It was good, but they stuffed it with WAY too much.


SPOILERS


Dr. Chang and Miles: barely registers.
Sawyer, Juliette, on the sub and all of sudden KATE (?): the sub leaving had no emotional resonance. Yes, we know that they'll be back, but it was too rushed.


END SPOILERS

Its a shame too because we have spent so much time away from Sayid, Locke, Sun and a whole other storyline that they had to squeeze it all into one episode to make a path for the finale.

Locke rallying the Others was surprisingly fast, considering how much difficulty the Losties have had in the past convincing them that all wasn't right. Again, it was rushed for the sake of getting the principles in place for the finale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:46 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 73

EvilRex wrote:
Last nights episode was the best episode this season.


Mr. Green
_________________
I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 5 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum