FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> LOST season 5
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:17 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The Woman In Black wrote:
Another awesome episode this week! At first when I saw it was a Kate-centric show, I had to roll my eyes, but Lilly really pulled it off. She actually had me feeling for Kate, which is no easy task. The nuances of her scenes with Holloway were top-notch, and I was glad to see them tie up some loose ends for us. And that ending! Next Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Oddly enough I didn't like this episode at all at first. But upon thinking about it more and more...the more more I really liked it.

Miles and Hurly's ongoing dialogue was down right hilarious.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:28 pm  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
Another awesome episode this week! At first when I saw it was a Kate-centric show, I had to roll my eyes, but Lilly really pulled it off. She actually had me feeling for Kate, which is no easy task. The nuances of her scenes with Holloway were top-notch, and I was glad to see them tie up some loose ends for us. And that ending! Next Wednesday can't come soon enough.

I've been appreciating Kate's character much more this season than before. I really felt the turn of her becoming a "mother" to Aaron really added depth and fleshed out more of her own tragic history.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

The Buz wrote:
Miles and Hurly's ongoing dialogue was down right hilarious.

Indeed. I love Miles and wish they'd give him a little more to do.

Plus, I really liked the dynamic of Kate and Cassidy becoming friends and especially how Cassidy just tells it like it is.
conundrum
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:43 am  Reply with quote

As relatively painless as it was (for a Kate episode), I still think that the writers need to kill Kate off and this episode is my proof.

Even in an above average Kate episode, Kate is STILL the least interesting part of the episode. Miles and Hurley, James and Richard, Juliet and Jack, and Roger Workman (I just love calling him that) were all far more interesting subplots to me than any of the Kate material. Hell, Ben and Locke stole the episode with 10 seconds screen time and an awesome cliffhanger.

I actually do like Kate more because of the episode, but she is still by and far the weakest link in the main cast. And most of the supporting cast. Hell, I enjoyed Frogurt in his 2 minutes of ignominy more than I have Kate the entire season, and he is just a glorified extra.
Impure159
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:41 am  Reply with quote

conundrum wrote:
As relatively painless as it was (for a Kate episode), I still think that the writers need to kill Kate off and this episode is my proof.

Even in an above average Kate episode, Kate is STILL the least interesting part of the episode. Miles and Hurley, James and Richard, Juliet and Jack, and Roger Workman (I just love calling him that) were all far more interesting subplots to me than any of the Kate material. Hell, Ben and Locke stole the episode with 10 seconds screen time and an awesome cliffhanger.

I actually do like Kate more because of the episode, but she is still by and far the weakest link in the main cast. And most of the supporting cast. Hell, I enjoyed Frogurt in his 2 minutes of ignominy more than I have Kate the entire season, and he is just a glorified extra.

I agree 100%, I see Richard or Ben or Miles, well just about anybody on screen and even if they are doing nothing it is more interesting than anything that Kate does.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:18 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Holy shit. That was easily one of my favorite episodes of the season. Ben is the most complex character on any scifi show on television right now.
Richard Bastard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm  Reply with quote

did I mention I fucking love Lost?
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:10 am  Reply with quote

Richard Bastard wrote:
did I mention I fucking love Lost?

I'm so glad I got into this show when I did. I can't believe it's going to be their 100th episode next week. I HATE THIS WAIT!!!
EvilRex
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

What's awesome is when I come across Lost on syndication. When you see an episode from Season's back and see where seeds have been planted or you can see the foreshadowing or where a character's arc once was it makes you appreciate even more how the Lost team of writers, directors and producers really put all they have into the craft of telling a cinematic story.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:06 am  Reply with quote

So the 100th episode is a recap? Fucking lame.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:11 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
So the 100th episode is a recap? Fucking lame.

No, it was just another recap episode. Next week is the 100th episode, and we finally get to see Faraday!! Very Happy
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Ok good. ABC has it listed as "episode 14"
goblin310
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 am  Reply with quote

*SPOILER*

DAMNIT!!! they killed Faraday!

_

Last edited by goblin310 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:06 am  Reply with quote

You're an asshole. Seriously. Most people have the courtesy of posting SPOILER WARNINGS before blurting out something like that. Thanks, douche.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

I agree.
I've notice some who post have DVR's and don't watch it on the day it comes on, so to be fair it would be nice to put a spoiler warning.
With that said, last night episode was AMAZING!!! I want to discuss it but I'm willing to see if everyone on here has seen it.