FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Fallout 3
goblin310
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:26 am  Reply with quote

I just thought it was an awesome reference and it was a really creepy part of the game
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:50 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

goblin310 wrote:
I just thought it was an awesome reference and it was a really creepy part of the game

I'm back in it after a pause for Fable 2 obsession, I missed that building my first go-round. I'll have to make sure I hit it this time. Lovecraft homage, i take it?
plastic_society
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

I just started playing this, and holy crap, it is the most fun I've had with a game in a long, long time. I've never played Elder Scrolls, so I'm new to this giant world, RPG sort of thing, and I've never played a Fallout game so I'm new to the setting. All this seems right up my alley. I love all the post-apocalyptic stuff, the 40s nostalgia, the humour, pretty well everything so far.

And one thing is that with other RPGs I play, I'm the type of person to wander around and talk to everyone, search everywhere. As such, this game has completely sucked me in. I spend hours just wandering around. I don't think I've had this much fun just exploring and fucking around since I first played Vice City.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:45 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I haven't mentioned this in this thread, but Fallout 3 has pretty much been the only game I have been playing lately. I am playing it when I can. I have Fable 2, and I have yet to even start it...because of this game.

And can I just say...fucking Radscorps! Ugh...

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:15 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Chainsaw wrote:
I haven't mentioned this in this thread, but Fallout 3 has pretty much been the only game I have been playing lately. I am playing it when I can. I have Fable 2, and I have yet to even start it...because of this game.

And can I just say...fucking Radscorps! Ugh...

You really should get into Fable 2. Pound for pound, while I've spent more time in Fallout, I feel that Fable 2 is the stronger game all around. It's just MUCH shorter. Hell, every game is much shorter than Fallout. Reading War and Peace in a language you don't know would be shorter.

That's actually one of the gripes I have with Fallout. Past the first few levels (I'll aribtrarily say level 10) you should have the weapons you like to use, the perks to maximize their usage, and enough repair/science/lockpick skill to get around just about anywhere you'd like to go. Everything past that is the usual RPG kill/search/sell/level routine. Is it good? Oh yeah, it's amazing, but after the first 50 hours it does start to look alike.

Fable 2 is just the right length. The DLC they're adding fits perfectly and is also -just- the right length. There are so many dozens of ways to customize your character and experience. And in the middle is a truly epic revenge tale that has character moments that blow anything in Fallout 3 out of the water. (Fallout was never poignant to me, it never reverberated emotionally with me, really. Fable? It never -stopped- hitting on an emotional level.)

So yeah, give Fable 2 a shot. It's not comparable to the epic length of Fallout (I'm at about 200 hours and counting across three toons, and still haven't even made it to The Pitt) but I don't see that as a bad thing.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:03 am  Reply with quote

Fable 2 is nowhere near as solid a game as Fallout 3. Shorter or not the game is ridiculously easy, at times boring and the load screens after you walk 10 steps is beyond ridiculous.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

I lost interest in Fable 2 real quick. I regretfully sold my copy of Fallout 3 after completing Operation Anchorage. I thought I was done with Fallout, but The Pitt and Broken Steel expansion packs were way to enticing for me to resist. So I broke down and purchased Fallout 3 for the second time.

I've finished The Pitt and now I'm nearly done with Broken Steel. This game really is like crack. And there's still two more expansion packs on the way!
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:08 pm  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
I lost interest in Fable 2 real quick. I regretfully sold my copy of Fallout 3 after completing Operation Anchorage. I thought I was done with Fallout, but The Pitt and Broken Steel expansion packs were way to enticing for me to resist. So I broke down and purchased Fallout 3 for the second time.

I've finished The Pitt and now I'm nearly done with Broken Steel. This game really is like crack. And there's still two more expansion packs on the way!

Really? I thought Broken Steel was the last one. Nice to see their giving the fans the DLC they want. As for me, after 60-70 hours, I called it quits and sold it on Ebay. That game sucked a LOT of time out of me. Now I'm having the same problem with Sacred 2. Damn you, Diablo clone!!!
mdamien13
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

I'm almost glad that I don't have an XBox 360 'cause the only reason I was able to walk away from Fallout 3 was 'cause I beat it twice as a good and bad person... if I had access to the DLC I'd be getting served divorce papers I'm sure.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:41 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

mdamien13 wrote:
I'm almost glad that I don't have an XBox 360 'cause the only reason I was able to walk away from Fallout 3 was 'cause I beat it twice as a good and bad person... if I had access to the DLC I'd be getting served divorce papers I'm sure.

Oh, they're releasing the DLC packaged separately, much as they did with the DLC for Oblivion. Better get a retainer on that lawyer. Very Happy