FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> SUPERNATURAL - Season 4
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:25 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

This week's ep did what Supernatural does best -- bring in the mythology at the very end of a seemingly stand-alone ep and turn very dark after an hour of mostly lightheartedness. After being a little put off by the whole angel thing at the beginning, I'm now totally into this season and really looking forward to seeing where it takes us. And yes, the Dean "extra" at the end was a hoot. This really is Jensen's year!
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm  Reply with quote

I totally ZOMG'd at the split-second dealie with Sam at the end. T'was awesome.

Also, I couldn't help but imagine the trolley boy from Hot Fuzz in the role of ghost of the week this week. Totally yarf.

And finally, the surprise was awesome. Now I want to see Jared do something crazy.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:04 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

All right ... is it just me or is the actress playing the "new" Ruby the worst ever? I would have been thrilled if they'd left her in the sassy black woman's body -- that would have shaken things up a bit! Otherwise, a pretty decent episode this week. I'm sure the Sam fans were glad he finally got to a shine a bit.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 pm  Reply with quote

Decent ep. but not as good as the last one.

A week later, and I'm still laughing my ass off at the suicidal teddy bear. That's likely the funniest thing I've seen all year.

"Whyyyyy?!?!?!"

God, I love Ben Edlund.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Decent ep. but not as good as the last one.

A week later, and I'm still laughing my ass off at the suicidal teddy bear. That's likely the funniest thing I've seen all year.

"Whyyyyy?!?!?!"

God, I love Ben Edlund.

Ben Edlund is a national treasure and should appear on currency. Maybe a $7 bill if the government is unwilling to kick one of those old dudes off the current ones.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:54 am  Reply with quote

Heaven and Hell. I wasn't too impressed with the angels versus demons bit, but I loved Jensen's performance at the end. I love the dude who plays Alistair. Shady pediatricians are awesome.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

I just wanted to bump this because I took a gander at the title of the Jan. 22nd episode and laughed out loud...

"Criss Angel Is A Douche Bag"

Mr. Green
Desdinova
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:09 am  Reply with quote

I watch Supernatural every week, even the reruns. I wouldn't miss it. I have a great time watching. This surprises me because of three things that bug me about the show:

1) I think the lead characters are a bit flat as they're written. And I think the lead actors are getting poor direction which flattens the characters even more. My favorite character is Bobby and that's because there's a top-notch actor in the role.

2) It doesn't help that the characters are, essentially, demon slaying rednecks. I hate rednecks.. (And, no, it doesn't matter that Sam was a pre-law college student. In the mid-west, particularly Kansas and Missouri, there are plenty of rednecks in college too. I went to school with some of them.)

3) With the exception of Jeffery Morgan and Jim Beaver, its rare that you see anyone cast who's over the age of 30. When older people are cast, they get placed as villains, victims with small screen time, or in bit parts.

Like everyone else in Hollywood, Supernatural's producers assume that the only people watching horror are teenagers and they cast accordingly. The show's casting is a prime example of Hollywood age-ism and it hurts the "realism" of the show.

That said, I watch, and will continue to watch, Supernatural because I like the premise, the stories, and the overall mythology of the show.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I like how season 4 so far has been. I think the introduction of the angels was good and how they are shown as what they really are which is god's warriors not the hallmark versions. I like the filler episodes and the comedy in the show has gotten a better and is placed well. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 am  Reply with quote

Every season of this show has improved as far as I'm concerned. The first (as someone previously noted) was far too "reak of the week", with little to string the episodes together byond "Where's dad?!"

Each season has added to the mythology and I'm enjoying the way it's constantly gaining steam, as well as knowing it'll pay off in the not too distant future as the show was apparently always meant to be five seasons and no more.

In short, great stuff. And I hope Bobby lives!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 am  Reply with quote

So no one's been watching it lately?

I thought "After School Special" was a really strong episode; "Sex and Violence" was fun as well.
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:21 am  Reply with quote

I still watch every week, and yeah I think it's still damn good. There's the occasional bit that gets really melodramatic but that's something we've gotten used to I suppose. It's still some of the best TV horror writing pretty much ever.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:24 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Still watching here as well. Both of the last two episodes were great -- especially Sex and Violence. Glad to see them get back on track with the Sam/Dean conflict. Hopefully we'll see some more of the angels soon as well. Still hate the new Ruby though.
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:03 am  Reply with quote

[. Still hate the new Ruby though.[/quote]

I totally agree I liked the other one better...this one seems to be at the learning stages of acting or something she is just off

and like others stated before I do think this show has gotten better as the seasons go...I'm glad I didn't stop watching after the first season like I almost did.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:50 am  Reply with quote

I concur about the new Ruby. Her "acting" is really distracting. Like someone left the training wheels on.