FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Heroes
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

It's about ordinary everyday people that get superpowers after a solar eclipse, and how they deal with it (not to mention saving the world in the process). It seems the pilot has been getting good buzz online, and from everything I've read it could be the next LOST, but without being bombarded with unanswered questions. Coming to NBC this fall. Here's the link to the WebSite and a sneak peek from the trailer, click next to video.

http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/

BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:48 pm  Reply with quote

Interested to see how this is, could be really good...or complete shite depending on many variables.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Interested to see how this is, could be really good...or complete shite depending on many variables.

Watch the video trailer at the link above, see if it's something you want to check out.
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:40 am  Reply with quote

Cashing in way to go NBC
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:37 am  Reply with quote

I give NBC credit for taking another chance at a sci-fi series. If they want to sell "Heroes" merchandise it's okay with me, just as long as the producers and writers give us outstanding episodes with characters we can care about (or hate) with a cool premise.
Spiderbaby
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:40 am  Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmm.....have to see about this one
JamesN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:41 am  Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to at least checking out the pilot. Looks like it could be decent . . . .

Thanks for the link, Godhood. I must live under a rock, 'cause this is the first I'd heard about HEROES!

J.N.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:43 am  Reply with quote

JamesN wrote:
I'm looking forward to at least checking out the pilot. Looks like it could be decent . . . .

Thanks for the link, Godhood. I must live under a rock, 'cause this is the first I'd heard about HEROES!

J.N.

You're welcome, just check out the trailer at the WebSite.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

Here's a review of the pilot from the futon critic.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20060613
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:21 pm  Reply with quote

I hope this is good. These high concept shows don't usually work because they're usually very one note. AS good as "Surface" was, It couldn't have lasted longer than two seasons because it was a one note concept fit for a mini-series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:38 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
I hope this is good. These high concept shows don't usually work because they're usually very one note. AS good as "Surface" was, It couldn't have lasted longer than two seasons because it was a one note concept fit for a mini-series.

I agree, I remember when Threshold had its two-hour premiere last season, lots of action, tension, cool characters, it was a good kickoff. Then the next 4 episodes sort of slowed down the momentum, it became "how to stop the alien of the week". It was starting to get back into the groove until it was canceled. You can tell their going for a LOST vibe with Heroes, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.
Smilin' Jack Ruby
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:51 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't seen the pilot, but I read the script to it - which was excellent, really - a lot more apocalyptic than they're letting on. Very Straczynski's "Rising Stars."
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I agree, I remember when Threshold had its two-hour premiere last season, lots of action, tension, cool characters, it was a good kickoff. Then the next 4 episodes sort of slowed down the momentum, it became "how to stop the alien of the week". It was starting to get back into the groove until it was canceled. You can tell their going for a LOST vibe with Heroes, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

I think it depends on the challenge of taking the concept and extending on it. With "Supernatural" I didn't think they could go beyond the concept, and so far they've risen to the challenge. As long as they constantly challenge their own concept, it could be good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DW Bostaph Jr
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:39 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I have the highest of hopes for this show. I give so little attention to TV, that a show has to be the complete fucking tits to keep me on board.

Heroes could be it.

The teasers give me chills.

<--- Note gooseflesh
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:34 am  Reply with quote

Here's a cast photo.