FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Night of the Living Newbie -> I love me some horror movies
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:36 pm  Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm new here obviously. I was over at the creature corner when JB and Ryan Rotten were running the show. Those were the days. I was heavily into the horror scene at the time and posted my arse off on the forums and even wrote a few reviews of older horror films which Mr. Butane was kind enough to put on the site even though my writing skills leave a lot to be desired. I stuck around there for a short time after they left but it quickly went to hell and was not a place I wanted to be associated with anymore. Soon after that I kind of lost my interest in horror a bit and was only occasionally catching a movie here and there and had given up on trying to get every horror DVD released into my collection. Good thing too cause now I have Blu-Ray, haha. Anyway, my horror addiction that was started when my Dad took me to see The Shining in the theater is now back in full force so I thought I'd jump in here and see if you guys could help to fan the flames even greater. 'Cause I am communicating to you from Hell right now. Seriously.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:37 pm  Reply with quote

Hell Michigan? we went there once.
Nice to see a long time fan, I've also been around since the CC days. What reviews did you submit?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:38 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. I don't remember you sorry. My memory does suck though so don't take it personally. As for the reviews well I think they're best left in internet limbo. They were just a couple of older movies I liked, nothing special. It was a kick seeing them on the site but they faded into obscurity pretty quickly. That community was the best I have ever gotten involved with. I hope this place can live up although it seems a bit slow.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:37 am  Reply with quote

I think it's been a little slow around here also. But remember, it's Summer, most people got better things to do than sit in front of a computer.
Hey, would you rather have it slow and mature or full of little retards saying "Fuck thiz movie suckz, yo! 1337!! Soldier Boy 4evah!" Mr. Green
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:01 pm  Reply with quote

Heh, yeah I suppose slow is better than what it's like on most forums these days.