FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Aug 1. Bram Stoker's Dracula
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 am  Reply with quote

The shot of Harker walking in was shot in reverse with him walking backwards so it ran forward giving it an odd look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I've never quite understood that whole origin bit. Lots of people get pissed at god. Not all of their candles start bleeding.

Also, if this is Stoker's Dracula, why put in something that wasn't in STOKER'S Dracula?

there's a few liberties taken with the script, I think they called it Bram Stokers Dracula to try an differentiate it from previous films......originally it was just going to be called D

I'd have gone with Coppola's Dracula. Oddly enough, there is a story called Coppola's Dracula by Kim Newman. It's a part of his Anno Dracula series. Highly recommended stuff.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:06 am  Reply with quote

I've never been able to watch this movie from start to finish without having to stop for something....here's hoping that streak is broken tonigh
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:06 am  Reply with quote

Keanu really shouldn't piss off an old man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
I've never been able to watch this movie from start to finish without having to stop for something....here's hoping that streak is broken tonigh
Stop for what?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 am  Reply with quote

Hairy palms. I guess we know how Dracula spends his nights. Alone.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:08 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
What about his brides?
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:08 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
The shot of Harker walking in was shot in reverse with him walking backwards so it ran forward giving it an odd look.

I love all the in camera tricks they did like that, it really shows the strength practical effects have over many CGI effects
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:09 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
What about his brides?
All they want to do is talk.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:10 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Stop for what?

different things someone would call or I'd just have to leave the room for something that would end up taking an hour.....I baby sat these kids who were really into this an 2 other films I owned so I'd play it all the time when I was over but never be able to just sit down and enjoy.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:10 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I love all the in camera tricks they did like that, it really shows the strength practical effects have over many CGI effects
Every scene I think has some kind of incamera effect. Some obvious. Others subtle. Pretty extraordinary even by today's standards.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:11 am  Reply with quote

The oldest of my cats (she's 14) is named Mina. Her sister, a very pretty kitty, was named Lucy. Lucy, sadly, died young.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:12 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

Every scene I think has some kind of incamera effect. Some obvious. Others subtle. Pretty extraordinary even by today's standards.

have you seen the featurette about all the effects, it's really interesting
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:12 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Stop for what?

different things someone would call or I'd just have to leave the room for something that would end up taking an hour.....I baby sat these kids who were really into this an 2 other films I owned so I'd play it all the time when I was over but never be able to just sit down and enjoy.
How old were the kids? What were the other two movies?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:13 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
The oldest of my cats (she's 14) is named Mina. Her sister, a very pretty kitty, was named Lucy. Lucy, sadly, died young.
Sorry about that. Sad